龙桃子 自由高达:新英语900句情景对话(一)
来源:百度文库 编辑:偶看新闻 时间:2024/05/06 10:20:03
新英语900句
第01课情景对话
Dialogue 1:
A: Good morning.
早上好。
B: Good morning to you too.Do you think it will rain today?
早上好。你觉得今天会下雨吗?
A: Yeah,maybe.It's hard to tell.
可能会吧。这很难说。
B: I hope not.I am going to the beach this afternoon.
我希望不要(下雨)。今天下午我准备去海滩。
A: Maybe you should check the weather forecast first.
也许你该先查查天气预报。
B: Good idea.I think I will.
好主意。我会的。
A: Well, I hope you have a good afternoon.
那我希望你过一个愉快的下午。
B: You too.Frank.
你也一样,Frank.
Dialogue 2:
A: Hello.
你好。
B: Hello,Bill.
你好,Bill.
A: How are you doing?
你近来怎么样?
B: Not bad. Work is going well.
还可以。工作挺顺利。
A: Oh,is it?That's good to hear.
噢,是吗?听你这么说真好。
B: What about you?
那你呢?
A: I'm doing okay,although my car is in the shop.
还好。只是我的车在维修。
B: Oh,really?That's too bad.
哦,真的吗?那太糟糕了。
Dialogue 3:
A: Hi,Ralph.
你好,Ralph.
B: Oh,hey,Mark. Did you have a good time hiking today?
哦,你好,Mark.你今天远足开心吗?
A: Yes,although it was a bit hot.
开心,只是天气热了一点。
B: That is why I stayed inside.
那就是我呆在室内的原因了。
A: What did you do?
你在干了些什么?
B: I read a book.
我读了一本书。
Dialogue 4:
A: What's up,Andrew?
有什么事吗,Andrew?
B: Not much.Not much at all.
没什么,真的没什么。
A: Are you hungry?
你饿了吗?
B: A little bit.Did you want to eat?
有一点儿,你想吃东西吗?
A: Yes.Let's go find something to eat.
想。我们去找点吃的吧。
B: That sounds good to me.
好啊。
Dialogue 5:
A: Good afternoon. Is Doctor Kolb in?
下午好。可比医生在吗?
B: Yes,but he is busy.Do you mind waiting?
在,但他正忙着。你介意等一下吗?
A: I don't mind.Do you think he will be a while?
我不介意。你认为他会很快吗?
B: He shouldn't be long.
应该不会很久。
A: Oh,good. I'll wait.
哦,那好,我等一下吧。
B: Just take a seat over there.He should see you shortly.
就在那边坐一下吧。他很快就会见你的。
新英语900句第02课情景对话
Dialogue 1:
A: Hi,I am Marvin.
你好,我是Marvin.
B: Marvin? My name is Robert.
Marvin?我的名字是Robert.
A: I am here to play baseball.
我是来这里打棒球的。
B: Good.We need more people to play.
太好了。我么我呢正需要多一些人来玩呢。
A: I am not very good.
我打的不好。
B: That doesn't matter.We are just here for fun.
不要紧。,我们只是来这里玩一下而已。
Dialogue 2:
A: I'm Amy.And you are......
我是Amy,你是.......
B: My name is Elizabeth.You can call me Beth.
我的名字是伊丽莎白。你可以叫我贝斯。
A: Oh,that is my mother's name.
哦,那是我妈妈的名字。
B: Really? I'm named after my grandmother.
真的吗?我的名字是取自我的祖母的
A: Actually.Amy is not my real name.It's Amanda.
事实上,Amy不是我的真名。我的真名是Amanda。
B: Why do you go by Amy?
你为什么用Amy这个名字呢?
A: I don't know.Ever since I was young,that is what people have call me.
我也不知道。我很小的时候,大家就这样叫我的。
B: That's interesting.
那真有趣。
Dialogue 3:
A: Good morning.I'm looking for Doctor Kolb's office.
早上好,我正在找可比医生的办公室。
B: I am Dr.kolb. How can I help you?
我就是可比医生。我能帮你什么?
A: I'm Dave Fowler.My stomach has been hurting.
我是Dave Fowler。我的胃一直在痛。
B: Is it an emergency?
十分要紧吗?
A: Oh,no,it's not that bad.I just need to make an appointment.
哦,不是,没那么糟糕。我只想定个预约。
B: Please talk to my secretary over there.
请跟我的秘书在那边谈吧。
A: Thank you,Doctor,I will.
谢谢,医生。我会的。
B: I'll see you soon.
很快就到你了。
Dialogue 4:
A: Hello.I'm Hugh.What can i do for you?
你好。我是Hugh。有什么可以帮到你吗?
B: Yes.I'm Bill Paxton.I left my car here last week. Is it repaired?
是的。我是Bill Paxton。上星期我把吃完放这里,请问修好了吗?
A: Yes,sir. it is Mr.Paxton.Can you sign your name here?
是的先生。是有一位Mr Paxton先生。请把你的名字签在这里,好吗?
B: No problem.
没问题。
A: Okay,it's around back.I'll bring it up front.
好了,车子就在后面。我这就把它驶到前面来。
B: Thanks.What's the damage?
谢谢。我的损失大吗?
A: To the car?
车的损坏?
B: No,I mean what is the cost?
不,我是说价钱是多少?
A: I'll have to check with the mechanic.
我要跟机修师傅查核一下。
B: I'll be right here.
我就在这里(等你)。
Dialogue 5:
A: Hi,there. Are you Tina?
嗨,你是蒂娜吗?
B: Yes, I am.How did you know my name?
是的,我是。你怎么知道我的名字?
A: I'm friends with your roommate Bob.
我是你的室友Bob的朋友。
B: Oh, I didn't catch your name.
哦,我还不知道你的名字呢。
A: Yeah,I'm sorry.My name is Tony.
是啊,对不起,我的名字是Tony。
B: Pleased to meet you,Tony.
很高兴见到你,Tony。
A: Same here.
我也是。
新英语900句第03课情景对话
Dialogue 1:
A: Eric,did you finish the report?
Eric,你完成那份报告了吗?
B: Yes,it's right here,Mark.
完成了,就在这儿,Mark。
A: Thanks.
谢谢。
B: No problem!
不用谢。
A: Were there any difficulties for you?
你做报告时遇到过什么困难吗?
B: It was tough to get it done promptly,but it was not too bad.
要把它迅速完成是有点困难,但也不是太麻烦。
A: That's good to hear.Keep up the good work.
听到你这样说真好,继续保持这股劲。
Dialogue 2:
A: I thought you might like this book.
我想你可能会喜欢这本书的。
B: Oh, wow,yeah,this is great.
哦,哇!太棒了。谢谢你
A: Don't mention it.
不用谢。
B: No,this is great.This is just what i wanted.Thank you.
不,这的确太棒了,这正是我想要的。谢谢。
A: Well,you're welcome.
不用谢。
B: She is my favorite author.
她是我最喜欢的作者。
A: I'm glad you like it.
你喜欢,我就高兴。
Dialogue 3:
A: You do fine work here.
你在这里干得很好。
B: Oh, I just try to do my part.
噢,我只是做好本分罢了。
A: No,you do better than that,and we appreciate it.
不,远远不止你所说的,我们都有目共睹。
B: Really?I'm embarrassed.
真的吗?我真有点不好意思。
A: Don't be.As a sign of our gratitude ,you're the new manger.
别这样。为了表示我们的感激,你就是新经理了。
B: Oh, thank you,sir.
好,谢谢你。
A: Thank you ,Louis.
谢谢,Louis.
Dialogue 4:
A: I couldn't have finished this race without you and Mark encouraging me.
如果没有你和马克的鼓励,我是不可能跑完这场比赛的。
B: Let me know if you need any more help later.
你以后还需要帮忙的话,一定要让我知道。
A: Oh, thanks .I really appreciate this. Thanks a million,Megan.
哦,谢谢。我真的很感激你的好意。非常感谢你,megan。
B: What are friends for? Besides,Mark did most of the cheering.
朋友是拿来干什么的呢?况且,马克才上最卖力加油的一个。
A: Yes,but I thank you anyway.
是的,但不管怎么说,我还是谢谢你。
B: I know you'd do the same for me,so don't mention it.
我知道你也会这样对我的,所以就不要再提了。
A: And thank Mark for me as well.
帮我也谢谢马克。
B:I'll give him your thanks.
我会向他传达你的谢意的。
Dialogue 5:
A: Can I help you? You seem lost.
我能帮你吗?你好像迷路了。
B: Yeah,actually I am.
是啊,事实上我是迷路了。
A: Where are you trying to go?
你想要去哪里?
B: I'm trying to find Clay Street. Do you know where is it?
我想找陶土街。你知道在哪里吗?
A: Yes.it's about two blocks up and then go left.You'll see it.
知道,过前面两个街口然后向左拐。你会找到的。
B: Thanks a lot.
谢谢。
A: Don't mention it. Good luck.
不用谢。祝你好运。
新英语900句第04课情景对话
Dialogue 1:
A: I am sorry I was late for class today.
对不起,我今天上课迟到了。
B: This is the third day this month you've been late.
这是你这个月第三次迟到了。
A: I know .I know.I am sorry.
我知道,我知道。对不起。
B: Do you mind telling me why?Is there something wrong?
你介意告诉我为什么吗?是不是出了什么事?
A: There's a lot of traffic in the mornings.
早上总是塞车。
B: That's no excuse. You need to give yourself more time to get here.
那不是借口。你要给自己多一点时间来这里。
A: You're right,sir. I won't be late again.
你说得对,老师。我再也不会迟到了。
B: I hope not. See you tomorrow,bright and early.
我也希望不会。明天见,一大早。
Dialogue 2:
A: I thought you said you could finish this report by Tuesday.
我想你说过你会在星期二之前完成这份报告。
B: I apologize. What can I say?
我道歉。我还能说什么呢?
A: You almost cost me my job.You were a week late with this project.
你几乎害我丢了工作。你的这项计划已经迟了一个星期。
B: Look,I'm sorry. What more do you want?
瞧,我太对不起。你还想怎么样呢?
A: Do you even have an excuse?
你还有什么借口?
B: It took more research than I first thought.
这份计划所需要的调查工作超出了我的预计。
A: You could have told me earlier.
你应该早就告诉我。
B: I am really sorry. I really messed up. I'll try to make this up to you.
我真是对不起。我确实是弄糟了。我会努力补偿损失给你的。
A: Okay,I'll give you one more chance.
好吧。我就再给你一次机会。
Dialogue 3:
A: Kim, where were you today? You missed class.
Kim,你今天到哪里去?你没来上课?
B: I'm sorry.I was feeling ill.
对不起,我觉得不太舒服。
A: You didn't miss much. It was pretty boring.
你没损失什么。那节课可真够郁闷的。
B: Yes,but already missed class last week to go to the movies.
是的,但我上星期已经为了看电影而缺课了。
A: Oh,you might miss too many classes this semester.
哦,你可能在这个学期缺太多课了。
B: I know. I really regret going to the movies last week.
我知道。我确实为上星期去看电影感到懊悔。
A:I bet you weren't so sorry then.
我敢赌你当时一点都没有这么懊悔。
B: Maybe not then,but I sure am now.
可能当时真的没有,但现在我的确是的。
Dialogue 4:
A: I'm sorry about that last pass.
我为刚才那一球说声对不起。
B: Yeah,that was a pretty bad throw.
是啊,那一球投得可真糟。
A: I think I need a rest.我想我需要休息一下。
B: Is something wrong? Are you hurt?
是不是有什么事?你受伤了吗?
A: I hurt my shoulder yesterday.我昨天弄伤了肩膀。
B: Well,you shouldn't be playing ball.
那你不应该出场。
A: You're probably right.
也许你是对的。
B: Hey,I'm sorry for criticizing you.I didn't know you were hurt.
嗨,我刚才还批评你,真对不起,我不知道你受伤了。
A: It doesn't matter.No problem.I'll be as good as new in no time.
没关系。没问题的。我马上就会生龙活虎的。
B: I hope so.
希望如此。
Dialogue 5:
A: Debbie ,have you seen my blue shirt?
黛比,你看见我的蓝色衬衫了吗?
B: Oh,I am sorry.I forgot to pick up your shirt from the cleaners yesterday.
哦,对不起,我昨天忘记了从干洗店那里把你的衬衫拿回来。
A: Well, now I've got nothing to wear to work.
现在我没衣服穿去上班了。
B: I'm really sorry. I think you've still got the white shirt.
真的很对不起。我以为你还有件白衬衫。
A: I wore that Tuesday.It's pretty wrinkled.
我星期二就穿过了。皱巴巴的。
B: Well,I'll just iron it for you real quick.
我就马上给你烫好它。
A: Thanks.
谢谢。
B: It's the least I can do after forgeting your shirt earlier.
我忘记帮你拿回衣服,这是我要补偿最起码能做的事情。
A: Don't worry about that now,honey.At least I've got the white shirt.
现在别再为那烦了,亲爱的。至少我还有件白衬衫。
新英语900句第05课情景对话
Dialogue 1:
A: I have to get going.My wife is waiting.
我必须走了。我的妻子在等着呢。
B: Oh, come on, have one more beer.
哦,来吧,再多喝一杯啤酒。
A: Sorry.You know how she gets if I keep her waiting.
对不起,你知道,如果我继续让她等的话,她会怎么样的啦。
B: Are you going out tonight?
你今晚要出去吗?
A: Yes.We are going to see her parents.
是的。我们要去拜访她的父母。
B: You'll miss the game.
你会错过比赛的。
A: Yeah, I know.Look,I've got to get out of here.
是啊,我知道。瞧,我得离开这里了。
B: Okay,buddy.see you later.
好吧,老兄。迟些见。
A: see you.
再见。
Dialogue 2:
A: Mom, it looks like my flight is boarding.
妈妈,我的航班好像要登机了。
B: Yes, I guess it is.
是的。我想是的。
A: I should go now.
我该走了。
B: I can't believe you're really going to college.
我实在不能相信你真的要上大学了。
A: Neither can I. I'll call you when I land.
我也不能。我到了以后会打电话给你的。
B: Yes,please do that.I want to know you're safe.
好吧,一定要打电话给我。我要知道你的安全。
A: Don't worry so much.I have to go. I love you.
别太担心。我得走了。我爱你。
B: I love you too.Bye,dear.
我也爱你。再见了,亲爱的。
A: Bye,mum.
再见,妈妈。
Dialogue 3:
A: Did you lock the store up?
你锁好店门了吗?
B: Sure did.I swept the floor too.
当然锁好了。我连地也扫了。
A: Good.This was a pretty busy day,wasn't it?
好。今天可真忙,不是吗?
B: Sure was,I'll be here bright and early tomorrow.
的确是的。我明天会一大早就到这里的。
A: Sounds good,Peter.See you then.
不错,皮特。回头见。
B: Have a good night,boss.
晚上愉快,老板。
A: You too,Peter.
你也是,皮特。
Dialogue 4:
A: It's been a fun year at school.
今年在学校过得真开心。
B: It's sure has.Where are you going for the summer?
的确如此。你夏天打算去哪里?
A: Probably back with my parents.What about you?
可能回去跟我父母一起过。你呢?
B: I have a job with a lawyer in Boston.
我在波士顿找到了一份工作,帮一位律师打工。
A: I'll just spend the summer in my dad's office.
我这个夏天就呆在我爸爸的办公室里了。
B: You should come visit me then. When you have time.
你有时间一定要来看我。
A: That would be nice.I think I will.
那敢情好。我想我会的。
B: Well,I'd better go.Give me a hug.
我得走了。抱一抱。
A: Keep in touch.
保持联络哦。
B: I will.Good-bye.
我会的,再见。
B: Bye-bye.
再见。
Dialogue 5:
A: That was a good movie.
那部电影真不错。
B: It really was. I am glad you came.
的确如此。很高兴你来了。
A: I am glad you asked me.
很高兴你邀请我。
B: Do you want to do this again sometime?
你以后还会再接受我得邀请吗?
A: That'd be nice .When?
好呀,什么时候呢?
B: Maybe next Saturday.Is that good for you?
可能下个星期六吧。你方便吗?
A: I think so.Why don't you give me a call?
没问题。干嘛不打电话给我呢?
B: Alright.Well,I'd better go.I had a good time.
好的。我该走了。我真的很开心。
A: Me too.Bye,now.
我也是。那再见啦。
B: Bye-bye.
再见。
新英语900句第06课情景对话
Dialogue 1:
A: I'm hungry,but I don't feel like cooking.
我很饿,但我不想动手做饭。
B: Do you just want to order some food?
你想叫外卖吗?
A: Sounds good to me.What do you want?
听起来是个好主意。你要点什么?
B: I don't know.Maybe Mexican food?
我不知道。也许墨西哥菜吧。
A: I don't really like Mexican food.It is too spicy.
我不怎么喜欢墨西哥菜。那太辣了。
B: How about Chinese?
中国菜怎么样?
A: Sure,I like Chinese food.Let's call thatChinese restaurant.
好的,我喜欢中国菜。我们打电话给那家中国餐厅吧。
B: Great.I'll get the menu.
太棒了,我去拿菜单。
Dialogue 2:
A: Oh,look at that puppy!
哦,看那只小狗!
B: I didn't know you liked dogs.
我不知道你喜欢狗。
A: Are you kidding?I adore dogs.
你在开玩笑吧?我很喜欢狗。
B: Did you have a dog when you were growing up?
在你成长的过程中你有没有养过狗?
A: Always.We always had dogs in my family.
一直都在养。我们家一直都养狗。
B: My mom was allergie to dogs,so we never had any.
我妈妈对狗过敏,所以从未养过狗。
A: That's too bad.I love dogs.
那太惨了。我很喜欢狗。
Dialogue 3:
A: Do you like football?I've got an extra ticket to the Ravens game.
你喜欢足球吗?我这里有多一张雷文斯队比赛的门票。
B: of course.I love football.
当然,我很喜欢足球。
A: I know a guy who gets these tickets from his job.
我认识一个人,他可以通过他的工作获得这些门票。
B: How does he do that?
他是怎么得到的。
A: His boss knows a player on the team.
他的上司认识该队的一个球员。
B: Oh,wow.That's pretty nice.
哦,哇。那太棒了。
Dialogue 4:
A: That's a nice pen.
那支钢笔真好看。
B: Thanks.It was a gift from my father.
谢谢。那是我爸爸送给我的礼物。
A: It looks like an antique.
看上去好像是古董。
B: It's been in my family for a long time.
它在我家已有很长时间了。
A: An heirloom?
传家宝吗?
B: I guess you could say that.I've always cherished it.
我想可以这么说吧。我一直很珍惜它。
Dialogue 5:
A: What do you think of that new guy?
你觉得那个新人怎样?
B: Do you mean Tony?
你是指托尼吗?
A: Yeah,that guy from Manchester.
是的。那个来自曼彻斯特的家伙。
B: I don't like him.
我不喜欢他。
A: why is that?
为什么?
B: He just says a lot of stupid things.
他只会说蠢话。
A: I guess he is pretty obnoxious.
我想,他相当令人讨厌。
B: Let's not invite him out with us tonight.
我们今晚不要约他出去。
A: If you say so,but I hope he doesn't find out.
如果那样就好了。但我希望他不知道。
B: maybe we can avoid him.或许我们可以避开他。
新英语900句第07课情景对话
Dialogue 1:
A: I hope we win the tournament this year.
我希望今年锦标赛我们会赢。
B: I hope so too.We've been practicing hard.
我也希望如此,我们一直都在努力训练。
A: Yes,we have.And there are only 3 games left in the season.
是的,的确如此。况且这个赛季只剩下三场比赛了。
B: That means 3 games left until the tournament.
那意味着在锦标赛到来之前只剩下三场比赛了。
A: Who do you think we will play against?
你认为我们会跟谁比赛?
B: In the tournament?
你是指在锦标赛中?
A: Yes.
是的。
B: I don't know.probably the Badgers.They are also doing well this year.
我不知道。大概会是巴德格斯队。他们今年也打得很好。
A: Maybe,but they're not as good as us.
可能是吧,但他们没有我们打得好。
Dialogue 2:
A: What do you want for Christrmas this year,Danny?
丹尼,今年圣诞你想要什么礼物?
B: A puppy!
我要一只狗。
A: Why do you want a puppy?
为什么你要一直小狗?
B: Because ,Mommy,they are nice to play with.
因为,妈妈,它们很好玩。
A: Well,I hope you know that it's a big responsibility.
喔,我希望你知道这是个很大的责任。
B: Yes,I do.
是的,我知道。
A: You would have to help take of it.
那你要帮忙照看它了。
B: I know,Mommy.I would help.
妈妈,我知道,我会帮忙的。
A: Well,we'll see what happens.
好的,我们看看会是怎么样的吧。
Dialogue 3:
A: I wish it would stop raining.
我希望雨会停。
B: Why is that?
为什么?
A: So we could go out and play some ball.
那样我们就可以出去玩球了。
B: Yeah,I don't wantto stay inside all day,either.
是啊,我也不想整天呆在屋子里。
A: It doesn't look good,though.
可是看起来情况不是很好。
B: You're right.I don't think this rain will let up.
你说得对,我觉得雨不会停。
A: Maybe we can rent a movie.
或许我们可以租盒录像。
B: Okay.If the rain doesn't stop soon,we should get a movie.
好的。如果还下雨的话,我们就去租盒录像。
Dialogue 4:
A: I could really use some pickles right now!
我现在真想吃一些泡菜!
B: it's 3 in tjhe morning.
现在可是凌晨三点钟。
A: I'm not saying you have to get them.
我又不是一定要你去拿(买)。
B: What are you saying?
那你在说什么?
A: I'm just saying I crave them,that's all.I'm pregnant you know.
我只是说我很想要,仅此而已。你知道,我怀孕了。
B: So,you mean the baby wants pickles. Not you.
所以,你是指婴儿想要泡菜,而不是你想要。
A: Me,the baby,same thing.
我和婴儿都是一样的。
B: Yeah,I suppose it is.
是的,我希望是这样。
Dialogue 5:
A: Anyone up for a drink?
有没有人要喝点什么的?
B: Sure,I could use a drink.
当然有,我想要瓶饮料。
A: Me too.I really want a beer.
我也是,我真的想要点啤酒。
B: Where do you want to go?
你想去哪里?
A: I was thinking about going to that new place.
我想去那个新地方。
B: The one next to the post office?
在邮局隔壁的那个吗?
A: Yeah,I hear it's pretty cheap.
是的,我听说那很便宜。
B: well,what are we waiting for? Let's go.
好吧,那我们还等什么?一起去吧。
A: Sounds good.After you.
听起来不错。你先走,我随你后。
新英语900句第08课情景对话
Dialogue 1:
A: Happy Birthday,honey.
生日快乐,亲爱的。
B: Oh,wow,Curtis,you got me a kitten!
哦,柯蒂斯,你送我一只小猫!
A: Well, you said you've wanted one,but couldn't make up your mind.
你说过你想要一只,但却未能下定决心。
B: So,I guess you made it up for me,huh?
所以你就替我拿主意,是吗?
A: Yeah,I guess so.So what do you think?
是的,我是这样想的。你觉得怎么样?
B: Oh, it's wonderful.Is it a boy or a girl?
哦,太棒了。它是公的还是母的?
A: A girl.
是母的。
B: Well,we have to come up with a name for her,don't we?
我们得为她取个名字,对吗?
A: Any ideas?
你有什么好建议?
B: Well,we have to see.But thank you again so much.
我们得想一下。再次谢谢你。
A: Well,you're welcome.Happy birthday again,Emily.
不用谢。再次祝你生日快乐,艾米丽。
Dialogue 2:
A: Hey,Will,tuen on the television.
嘿,威尔,打开电视。
B: Why?I'm trying to rest.
为什么?我正需要休息一会儿。
A: They're going to announce the winning lottery number.
即将公布彩票获奖号码啦。
B: Do you still buy those stupid lottery tickets?
你仍然买那些骗人的彩票吗?
A: Yes!Now, turn on the TV for a second.
是的!现在快开电视,就看一会儿。
B: Okay,okay.
好吧,好吧。
A: Wait! Look.That's my number! I bought that ticket.
等等!看。那是我的号码!我买了那张彩票。
B: What?
什么?
A: Yeah,it's right here.I won! I won!
是的,就是这张。我中了!我中了!
B: Wow.I take back what I said.How much did you win?
哇!我收回刚才我所说的话。你中了多少钱?
A: Well,sixty-three dollars.
63美元。
B: That's not much to win.
那不算很多。
A: Yeah,but it's something.
对,但终究是赢了点东西回来。
Dialogue 3:
A: How many more votes are there left to count?
还有多少票需要计算?
B: I think we've almost done.Are you allowed in the counting room?
我想差不多算完了。你可以进计票房吗?
A: Why should I not be allowed?
为什么我不可以进来?
B: Because,silly,you're one of the candidates for class president.Remember?
因为,傻瓜,你是班长的候选人之一。不是吗?
A: Oh,it doesn't matter.I'm not going to win.
哦,没关系。我都不打算会赢。
B: No one will win if you don't let me finish counting.
假如你不让我完成计票任务的话,就没有人会赢。
A: I'm sorry to bother you.
打扰你了,真对不起。
B: Well,Kate,it looks like you're the new class president by 4 votes.
凯特,看起来你以4票的优势当选为新班长。
A: Really?Wow! That vote was so close.
真的吗?哇!选票的差距不大呀。
B: Well,you're the winner, it looks like.
看起来你赢了。
A: This is such a surprise! I thought I was going to lose.Wow,I'm so happy!
这很是个惊喜。我原以为我会输的。哇,我太高兴了。
Dialogue 4:
A: Can you believe what our teacher did today?
你能猜到我们老师今天干了什么吗?
B: What did she do?
她干了什么?
A: She gave a surprise test.
她给了我们一次突击测试。
B: So? What's wrong with that?
真的吗?那有什么不妥?
A: Obviously,a surprise test is bad.
很明显,突击测试的结果会很差的。
B: Is it bad because you were not prepared?
是不是因为我们没准备而导致结果差?
A: Exactly!
一点不错!
B: Well,that sounds like more your fault than the teacher's fault.
听起来是你们的错而不是老师的错。
A: What kind of friend are you to say that?
你竟说这话,算什么朋友?
B: I'm just trying to be fair to your teacher.
我只是想为你们老师说句公道话罢了。
A: Anyway,it's not like you study every night yourself.
无论怎么说,你也没有每晚学习呀。
B: True,but if you my teacher gives surprise tests, I would study every night.
没错,但如果我的老师要给我突击测试,我就会每晚都学习。
A: Then,they wouldn't be surprise tests.
如果那样的话,它们就不叫突击测试了。
B: Maybe you're right.Either way.I guess you should study more.
或许你说得对。无论怎么说,我都觉得你应该学多点。
A: I don't want to talk to you right now.
我现在不想跟你说话。
Dialogue 5:
A: I have the X-Ray results back.
我已经拿回X光的结果了。
B: Good.What do they show you?
那很好。你看到了什么?
A: This is interesting.
一些有趣的东西。
B: Don't keep me in suspense.
别再卖关子。
A: Well,the pain in your leg is not from running.
你的腿痛不是因跑步引起的。
B: No? Well,then what is it?
不是吗?那是由什么引起的?
A: It's an older fracture that didn't quite heal.
是因为你以前的骨折还没完全恢复。
B: How is that possible?
那怎么可能?
A: Have you injured that leg before?
那你条退以前受过伤吗?
B: Yes.I fell skiing last March.
是的,去年三月份我在滑雪时摔倒过。
A: You probably got a small fracgture at that time.Running reccently just made it worse.
你可能在那时就有了轻微骨折。最近跑步就使伤势加重了。
B: That's kind of a surprise.I never thought of that.
这真出乎意料。我从没想过会是这样。
A: It's common.Just rest for a few weeks,and come back for another exam then.
这很平常。先休息几个星期,然后回来再做个检查。
新英语900句第09课情景对话
Dialogue 1:
A: Tommy,you've been getting pretty good grades this year.
汤米,你今年的成绩相当不错。
B: Thank you,Mr Reynolds.
谢谢你的夸奖,雷诺先生。
A: Have you rhought about what you want to do for your future?
你是否想过将来要干什么?
B: I guess I'll go to college.
我想我会去读大学。
A: Do you have any more specific plans about carcer?
你有没有关于事业方面的明确计划?
B: Not really.
没有真正计划过。
A: What do you like to do?What are your interests?
你喜欢干什么?你对什么感兴趣?
B: Well...I like animals.
喔.....我喜欢动物。
A: Good! I suggest you start thinking about careers with animals.
那很好!我建议你开始考虑与动物有关的职业。
B: Like what?
譬如什么?
A: Perhaps a vcterinarain would be an interesting job for you.
作一名兽医对你来说可能会是一种很有趣的职业。
B: Maybe you're right.I'll think about it.
可能你都说得对。我会考虑的。
A: Okay.Let me know if I can give you any advice in that dircction.
好的。如果在那方面我可以给你些建议的话,就告诉我。
Dialogue 2:
A: How was the game ,son?
儿子,比赛得怎样?
B: It was rottten,Dad.We lost.
糟糕透了,爸爸。我们输了。
A: Thatbad ,huh? What happened?
那么糟糕吗,嗯?发生什么事了?
B: Everything you could imagine! And it was partly my fault.
你可以想象得到!而且我该负责一部分责任。
A: Why do you say that?
为什么说这话?
B: I dropped an easy catch right at the beginning of the game.
在比赛刚开始时,我失了一个容易接到的球。
A: And that alone lost the game?
仅仅因为那个就使你们输了吗?
B: No,but I made other clumb mistakes too.
不是,但我还犯了其他可笑的错误。
A: Well, can I give you some advice?
好吧,那我可以给你一些建议吗?
B: Sure.
可以。
A: Forget about it.Forget about those mistakes.
忘记它吧。把那些错误都忘记吧。
B: Why? I really messed up.
为什么?我真的打得很糟糕透了。
A: Learn from them,but don't dwell on them.Everyone makes mistakes.
从中吸取教训,但不要老想着它们。每个人都会犯错误。
B: Easier said than done.
说起来简单,可做起来就难。
A: Maybe,but if you dwell on your mistakes,you'll not have the confidence to do better in the future.
可能是这样,但如果你老想着犯的错误,你就会失去信心,将来就不可能做得更好。
Dialogue 3:
A: Oh,hi there,Margaret.
嘿,梅格丽特。
B: Hi there,neighbor.I was wondering something.
嘿,邻居。我正在想些事情。
A: What were you wondering?
你在想什么?
B: I wanted to know how you get your lawn to look so good.
我想知道,你是怎样把你的草坪剪得这么好看的。
A: What do you mean?
你是指哪方面?
B: I mean you have no weeds and perfect color.How do you do it?
我是指,你的草坪没有杂草而且颜色很好。你是怎样做到的?
A: A lot of time and effort is essential.I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.
大量的时间和努力是必要的。如果我是你,我不会担心这个。
B: Why is that?
为什么那样说?
A: Because you're happy.You've got a nice family and a good career.
因为你很开心。你有一个温馨的家庭和一份好工作。
B: So why does that matter?
那又有什么关系?
A: My advice to you is enjoy those things.My life is empty and gray.I have plenty of time to garden.
我建议你享受你所拥有的东西。我的生活既空虚又灰暗。所以我有充足的时间去料理我的花园。
B: That's too bad.Enjoy your lawn.I'm going to play with my kids.Bye.
那太惨了。我希望你能从你的草坪中获得乐趣。我要去和我的孩子们玩了。再见。
Dialogue 4:
A: Ernie,what are you doing in the closet?
厄尼,你在衣柜里干什么?
B: I'm trying to decide what fishing gear to take for our trip.What do you suggest?
我在想旅行时带什么样的鱼竿。你有什么建议吗?
A: I suggest you come out of the closet.
我建议你从衣柜出来。
B: I meant what fishing gear would you suggest we bring?
我是指,你建议我们带什么样的鱼竿?
A: Any pole will do,but I prefet a thicker one.And bring some colorful bait.
哪支都一样。但我更喜欢粗一点。还记得带一些五颜六色的鱼饵。
B: Sounds good to me.I've got a pretty thick pole.
听起来是个好主意,我已经找到了一支相当粗的了。
A: I know,but this trip isn't really about fishing.
我知道,但这次旅行不是单单为了钓鱼。
B: It's not?
不是吗?
A: Of course it's not.It's about us spending moretime together and enjoying cach other's company.
当然不是。这是为了让我们有更多的 共处时间,分享相伴的快乐。
B: Well,that's true.By the way,you did a good job of planning.
说得对,顺便说一下,你计划的很好。
A: I like to be on top of things.Have you put everything in the car?
我喜欢把事情都安排得妥妥当当。你把所有的东西都放进车里了吗?
B: Almost.Do you think you have room for my pole?
差不多了。你认为有地方给我放鱼竿吗?
A: It's long,but I think I can make it fit.Okay,let's go.
虽然它很长,但我想可以放得下。好的。我们走吧。
Dialogue 5:
A: Joyce,can I talk to you for a moment?It's about your test grades.
乔伊丝,我可以和你谈一会儿吗?是关于你的考试成绩的。
B: Oh,yeah.they're pretty bad.
哦,好的。我考得很糟糕。
A: Yes,I know,but you do well in class and on homework.Why are your test scores so bad?
是的,我知道。但你的课堂表现和作业都很好。为什么你的考试成绩那么糟糕?
B: I don't know.Maybe I just had some bad luck.
我都不知道。可能我的运气不好。
A: I don't think so.Look at this test.You didn't even answer these last six questions.You could at least guess at the answer.
我不这样认为。看试卷。你连最后六个题目都没做。你至少可以猜出答案。
B: I just get so nervous,that I can't think straight.
我当时很紧张,所以想不出来。
A: Oh,I see.
哦,我明白了。
B: I don't know what to do.
我不知道该怎么办?
A: Try to relax.Excrise before taking the test to get out some nervous energy.Take deep breaths before you start.
尽量放轻松点。在考试前做些运功就不会紧张了。在开始前深呼吸。
B: That's some good advice.Maybe I'll try it.
那是个好建议。或许我会试一下。
新英语900句第10课情景对话
Dialogue 1:
A: Congratulations,honey.We're all very proud of you.
祝贺你,亲爱的。我们以你为荣。
B: Oh,Mom,stop it.You're embarrassing me.
哦,妈妈,快别这么说。你使我感到和你难为情呢。
A: It's my job.I'm a mother.And now you're a college graduate.
这是我做妈妈的责任。现在你已经是一名大学毕业生了。
B: It's hard to believe.Four years of college and now I've done.
真是难以置信。我已经度过了四年的大学生活。
A: Yes,you seem to have grown up so fast.
是啊。你似乎成长得很快哦。
B: I owe a lot to you.You've been there for me all the way.
我欠你的太多了。你一直都陪伴着我。
A: Well,I guess my efforts have paid off now.
我想我的付出现在得到回报了。
B: I did put in a little of my own effort too,you know.
你知道,这当中也有我自己的努力啊。
A: Yes,I know,I'll say it again.Congratulations,Becky.
是的,我知道。再次祝贺你,贝基。
Dialogue 2:
A: It's been quite an experience having you in class,Jason.
詹森,班上有你这样的学生,我觉得很荣幸。
B: I can say the same to you Mr.Tucker.And I've enjoyed it.
我也一样,塔克先生。我很喜欢上你的课。
A: I hope you learned a little bit here.
我希望你在我的课中学到了一点在东西。
B: This has been one of my best classes in law school.
这是我在法学院所上的最好的课之一。
A: I am glad to hear it.I've heard you have a good job waiting fot you.
听到这话,我很高兴。我听你说已经找到了一份好工作。
B: Yes.I've just been offered a job by a good law firm in Philadelphia.
是的。费城一家很好的律师行聘请了我。
A: Well,congratulations.I'm sure you deserve it.
哦,祝贺你。我相信这是你应得的。
B: I hope so,but I owe a lot to you.
我也希望这样。但我欠你太多了。
A: Nonsense.You got yourself that job.I'm sure you'll do fine.
快别这么说。工作是你自己找的。我敢肯定你会做得很好。
Dialogue 3:
A: Oh,hey there,Amy.I heard you just got a promotion.
哦,艾米。我听你说你升职了。
B: Yeah,I'm the new supervisor for sales.
是的,我现在是新销售主管。
A: That's great.Congratulations.
太棒了,祝贺你。
B: Well,it's going to be a lot more responsibility.
那意味着工作的责任更大。
A: And more money.
工资也更高。
B: Maybe a little more.I guess that means you're kind of my boss.
可能会多一点吧。我想,那就意味着你成了我的上司了。
A: Don't go thinking that.I'm still the same old Amy.I'm not even sure why I got the promotion.
快别这么说。我还是以前的艾米。我还不知道我怎么会被提升的。
B: Oh,don't be so humble.You deserve promotion,Boss.
你就别谦虚了,上司。那是应得的。
A: Thanks,but don't call me"boss".Anyway,I've got to get back to work.
谢谢,但别再叫我“上司”了,不管怎么说,我得回去工作了。
Dialogue 4:
A: I guess we've packed everything.I think that's the last box.
我想我们已经把所有的东西都收拾好。我想这应该是最后的一个盒子了。
B: Yes,I think so.
是的,我想是这样。
A: Thanks for helping me move out.
谢谢你帮我搬家。
B: Don't mention it.And good luck in Denver.
不用谢。祝你在丹佛有好运。
A: Oh,thanks.I'll need some luck.It's going be a big change of pace.
谢谢。我的确需要点运气。生活节奏一大转变。
B: I'll say.From small town to big city.
用我的话说就是,从小城镇到大城市。
A: I'm looking forward to it.
我期待着它的到来。
B: I'm a little jealous.
我真的有点嫉妒你。
A: You should come too.I'm sure you could get a job at one of the museums with your background.
你也应该来我这里。我敢肯定,以你的背景,你一定可以在博物馆找一份工作。
B: No,I like it out here.But I wish you the best.Stay in touch.
不,我喜欢留在这里。但我衷心祝愿你。保持联络。
A: Will do.Take it easy.
我会的,放心吧。
Dialogue 5:
A: It's raining outside.
外面正在下雨。
B: It's supposed to let up by tomorrow.Don't be so nervous.
别紧张,明天雨应该会停的。
A: How can I not be so nervous?I'm getting married tomorrow.
我怎能不紧张呢?我明天将要结婚了。
B: So? Lacy's family is taking care of all the planning.
那又怎么样?所有的计划都是由拉希家定的。
A: Yeah,so what?
没错,但又怎么样呢?
B: If anything goods wrong it's not your fault ,so relax.
假如有什么出错,那都不是你的错,所以你就放松点吧。
A: That's stupid ,Paul. Anyway,that's not why I'm nervous.This is a big step.A huge step.
是有傻瓜会这样说的,保罗。不管怎么说,那不是我嚣张的原因。这最人生的转折点。一个重大的转 折点。
B: No longer single huh.Togerther forever and ever.
不再单身,对吗?永远双宿双归。
A: Pretty scary right?
很吓人,是吗?
B: Seriously,it's the bear thing you've even done.I cavy youbuddy.
说得认真点。那是你应该做得最好的一件事。我很羡慕你,老兄。
A: Really? You'll do?
真的吗?你真的我羡慕我?
B: Yeah,a little.Look,you've going be happy.I wish you two the bed in life.I really do.
是有一点。瞧,你将会很开心。我祝你俩生活过得完美幸福。真的。
A: Thanks,Paul.Thanks a lot.
谢谢保罗。非常感谢你。
新英语900句第11课情景对话
Dialogue 1:
A: Thank you for calling Bell Atlantic telephone company.How may I help you?
谢谢你给贝尔大西洋电话公司的电话。有什么可以帮到你的吗?
B: Yeah,I've got a real problem here.My last phone bill was for $1,493.
我这里的确出了点问题。我上个月的电话费是1493美元。
A: Is this amount incorrect?
话费不对吗?
B: You bet it's incorrect.It says here that I made nine calls to Shanghai.
当然不对。它这里说我打了9个到上海的电话。
A: And you did not make those calls?
你有没有打过那些电话,是吗?
B: I repair motorboats.Why would I call Japan?
我是修摩托艇的。我打到日本干嘛去?
A: Shanghai is in China,sir,not Japan.
上海是在中国,而不是在日本,先生。
B: Whatever I don't care.I just want to get this mess straightened out.
管他呢,我无所谓。我只想把事情搞清楚。
A: Wait just one moment and I'll transfer you to a manager.
请稍等,让我给你转到经理那儿。
B: Okay.Good.
好的。
Dialogue 2:
A: I hate this weather.
我讨厌这鬼天气。
B: I think it's kind of nice.I like the rain.
我觉得不错啊,我喜欢下雨。
A: I don't.It's depressing and it's wet.
我不喜欢下雨。既压抑又潮湿。
B: Of course,it's wet.It's rain.Would you prefer dry rain?
让然会潮湿了,下雨嘛。难道你想要干雨吗?
A: Very funny.
真逗。
B: Just enjoy it.At least we're not stuck in it outside.
说笑而已。至少我们没有被困在外面。
A: Well,I wanted to go out jogging today.
我今天本来是想到外面慢跑的。
B: Go ahead.It's just a little rain.It won't hurt you.
你就去吧,只是一点小雨而已。它不会淋湿你的。
A: Have you ever heard of the flu?I'll get sick.
你听说流感了吗?我会得病的。
B: You're always complaining.
你老是在抱怨。
A: There's a lot to complain about.
有大把事可抱怨的。
B: I think that's pretty sad.I try to be happy when I can.
我觉得那真让人感到悲哀。而我总会尽量让自己高兴点。
Dialogue 3:
A: Cole,have you finished your homework?
科尔,你完成作业了吗?
B: Yes,Dad.Can I go out now?
完成了,爸爸。我现在可以出去了吗?
A: What do you mean?You're grounded for this week.
你这是什么意思?你这个星期是要呆在家里的。
B: Yeah,and it sucks.
对啊,真该死。
A: Keep using language like that and you'll be grounded for two weeks.
你再说那样的话,你就两个星期不准出去。
B: I hate not being able to go play basketball.
我讨厌不能出去打篮球。
A: Maybe you'll think about that next time you want t get into a fight at school.
也许下次你在学校打架的时候就会先想一想了。
B:I told you the other kid started it.He called me names.
我告诉过你是另一个家伙惹我的。他骂我呢。
A: You could have ignored him.We're already had this conversation.
你可以不管他。我们已经说过这些了。
B: This isn't fair.
这不公平。
A: Life not fair.Is there anything else you want to say?
生活就是不公平的。你还有什么要说的吗?
B: No,I'm going back to my room.
没有了。我这就回房去。
Dialogue 4:
A: Here,have a beer.How was work?
这里来杯啤酒。工作怎么样?
B: It sucked.The new boss is a real tyrant.
真该死。那新老板可真够专制的。
A: Oh,yeah? How come?
是吗?从何说起?
B: Doesn't even get me started on that subject.Let's just say I have had it up to here with this guy.
不要叫我开始那个话题。我只想说我实在受不了那家伙了。
A: That bad ,huh?
那真糟糕。
B: You'd better believe it.He has me doing so many useless takes.
你最好相信我。他老是叫我做很多毫无价值的事情。
A: I feel bad for you.
我替你感到难过。
B: I'm not getting paid enough to take this abuse.
我受这样的折磨,却没有多少报酬。
A: Is anything going good?
有什么好消息么?
B: Not today.Not until I have another beer or two anyways.
今天没有。也许等我再喝一两杯就会有吧。
A: I hear that.
我明白。
B: Just hand me another one,buddy,and I'll be a little better.
兄弟,给我再来一杯,我会好一些的。
Dialogue 5:
A: Who's at the door?
谁在门外?
B: Baltimore Police Department,sir.Can I come in?
巴尔的摩警察局,先生。我可以进来吗?
A: Oh,yes,officer,of course.Is something wrong?
哦,当然可以,长官。有什么不对劲吗?
B: We received a complaint from some of your neighbors.
我们接到了你邻居的投诉。
A: I can't imagine why.
我想不出为什么。
B: Were you moving your front lawn naked this morning,sir?
你今天早上是不是没穿衣服就在你家前院的草坪割草,先生?
A: Is it a sin to cut my grass?
难道割草也犯法吗?
B: It is if you've doing it naked.
赤身裸体,那就是犯法的。
A: It's very hot out today.
今天外面非常热。
B: I'm going to have to place you under arrest.
我必须拘捕你。
A: Can I put some clothes on first?
我能先穿好衣服吗?
B: Please do.
可以。
Dialogue 6:
A: Luke,come into my office.What can I do for you?
卢克,进来我的办公室。有什么可以帮到你的吗?
B: Well,sir,I've got a real problem with one of my coworkers.
我与我的一位同事合作有点问题。
A: If my employeesare having problems.I want to know about it.
如果我的员工有什么问题,我很想知道。
B: Good.It's Elmer,sir.He interferes with my work.
那就好了。是尔马,先生。他干扰我工作。
A: I don't like to hear that.What does he do?
我真不喜欢听到那个。他做了些什么?
B: He keeps taking my paper clips.
他老是拿我的回形针。
A: What? Did I hear you correctly?
什么?我么听错吧?
B: He goes to my desk when I'm not around and steals paper clips.Especially the red ones.
他趁我不在的时候到我的桌子上偷我的回形针,尤其是红色的那些。
A: Especially the red ones?
尤其是红色的那些?
B: Yes,sir.They're my favorite.I can't work without them.
是的,先生。那是我最喜欢的。没有那些回形针我就不能工作。
A: Luke,that is the stupidest thing I have ever head.Get out of my office.
卢克,那是我所听过的最荒唐的事情。你可以从我的办公室出去了。
B: But sir.I can't work like this.
但是先生,我不能这样工作。
A: This isn't elementary school.Now go back to work.
这里不是小学。现在马上回去工作。
B: Yes,sir,but this isn't fair.
是的,先生。但这不公平。
A:Whatever, just get out,Luke.
我不管,滚出去。卢克。
新英语900句第12课情景对话
Dialogue 1:
A: Hey, Erica, what are you doing?
嗨,埃里卡,你在干什么?
B: I just got out of class and I was on my way to the library.
我刚从课室出来,我正要去图书馆。
A: What are you doing tomorrow night?
明晚你打算干什么?
B: I don't know. I haven't made any plans yet. Why?
不知道呢。我还没有计划呢。有什么事吗?
A: There's a party at Matt's apartment.
马特家里将会有一个聚会。
B: I don't even really know him very well.
我跟他还不是很熟呢。
A: It doesn't matter .Even if it did, you can come since you're my friend.
没关系。即使如此,你也可以来,因为你是我的朋友嘛。
B: Okay. I think I will. Tomorrow night?
好的,我想我会去的。明晚吗?
A: Yeah, tomorrow night. Come by my dorm room about eight.
是的,明晚。8点左右到我宿舍来。
B: Sounds good. I'll see you then.
好主意。到时见。
Dialogue 2:
A: I'm tired of studying.
我学得很累了。
B: Me too. Let's get out of here.
我也是。让我们出去吧。别再呆在这儿了。
A: By the way. Steve and I are going hiking this weekend. Do you want to come?
对了,史蒂夫跟我这个周末要去远足。你想来吗?
B: When? Where are you going?
什么时候?你们打算去哪里呢?
A: Saturday. We're going up to Marion State Park.
星期六。我们打算去马里恩州立公园。
B: It's going to be cold.
天气好像要转冷。
A: Don't be so sensitive. Do you want to go or not?
别那么敏感,你到底去还是不去?
B: Sure. Do I need to bring anything special?
当然去。我要带点什么特别的东西吗?
A: Just warm clothes and some good boots.
只是(带上)防寒衣物和一双好靴子就行了。
B: No problem there.
没问题。
A: Good. I'll give you a call tomorrow with specific details.
好,那我明天打电话给你,告诉你一些细节。
B: Thanks for the invitation. I'll talk to you tomorrow.
谢谢你的邀请。明天再跟你谈。
Dialogue 3:
A: Are you busy?
你忙吗?
B: Not really. I'm just looking over these account figures.
不是很忙。我只是在检查一下这些会计数据。
A: Did you get this dinner invitation from the company?
你收到公司的晚餐请束没有?
B: Yeah, I guess you did too.
收到了。我想你也收到了吧。
A: It look like everyone in this office is going out to the new seafood restaurant.
看起来这个办公室的每一个人都要到那间新开的海鲜餐厅去。
B: Are you going?
你要去吗?
A: I don't know. It's a Friday night.
我不知道。那是在星期五晚上。
B: That's true. I don't know if I want to spend a Friday night with my coworkers.
是啊。我不知道我是否想跟我的同事一起度过一个星期五的晚上。
A: It'll look bad if we don't go.
如果我们不去的话,好像不太好。
B: Maybe we should just go and only stay for a short while.
也许我们应该去,然后坐一会就走。
A: Who knows how long that could be? Let's just tell the boss that we're already made plans.
谁知道那要多久呢?我们尽管告诉老板我们已经有节目就行了。
B: Are you sure you want to turn down a company invitation?
你确实想要拒绝公司的邀请吗?
A: Do you want spend your Friday night with these people?
你想跟这些人度过星期五的晚上吗?
B: Good point.
有道理。
Dialogue 4:
A: I had a good time tonight.
我今晚很开心。
B: Me too. Dinner was better than I expected.
我也是。晚餐比我预想中好。
A: Yeah, that was a nice restaurant.
是啊,那间餐厅真不错。
B: Do you want to go out again sometime?
你以后还会出来吗?
A: Yes, that would be nice. I'd like that.
会的,那挺好的。我喜欢那里。
B: I would ,too.
我也是。
A: Look, it's not that late. Do you have to get up early?
瞧,还不是很晚。你要早起吗?
B: No, not
really. Why?
不,不用很早。怎么?
A: Well, I was going to invite you in for some coffee.
我想邀请你进去喝杯咖啡。
B: Coffee? That sounds nice.
咖啡?好主意。
A: Good. Come in. I'll make us a pot of coffee.
好,进来吧。我来替我们弄壶咖啡。
B: Thank you. That would be nice.
谢谢。那再好不过了。
Dialogue 5:
A: Hey, Oliver. I heard that you were a pretty good ping-pong player.
嗨,奥利佛。我听说你的乒乓球打得很不错。
B: I'm okay. Why do you ask?
还可以。干嘛这样问?
A: I wanted someone to play against, someone who would be kind of a challenge.
我正想找人跟我打,找个有挑战性一点的。
B: They I think you're come to the right place.
那我想你找对人了。
A: Glad to hear it. I'd like to invite you to a match. Are you free Saturday afternoon?
很高兴听到你这样说。我想邀请你来一场比赛。星期六下午你有空吗?
B: I think so. What time?
我想有的。什么时候?
A: Oh, about 2o'clock.
哦,两点左右吧。
B: And where?
什么地方?
A: The school gym, of course.
当然是学校体育馆。
B: Okay. I accept your invitation.
好的。我接受你的邀请。
A: Good! I'll see you then.
太好了。到时见。
新英语900句第13课情景对话
Dialogue 1:
A: Bobby,have you finished cleaning up yor room?
博比,你扫完你的房间没有?
B: No,Mom.
没有,妈妈。
A: Have you even started? It doesn't look like it.
你究竟开始了没有?似乎还没有呢。
B: I'll clean it.I promise.
我会收拾好的。我保证。
A: Young man,this place is a mess.
小伙子,这个地方简直一团糟。
B: I know,I know.
我知道,我知道。
A: I make a simple request and look what I get.
我只作了一个小小要求,看看我得到了什么。
B: Okay,Mom.I'll clean it up.
行了,妈妈,我会收拾好的。
A: When?什么时候?
B: When my favourite televion show is over.
当我最喜欢的电视节目结束以后。
A: Wrong answer.Bobby!
这是一个错误的答案。博比!
B: But Mom-
可是妈妈.....
A: Get up there and clean ,Now!
马上起来打扫,现在!
B: Okay,I'm going.
好的,我这就去。
Dialogue 2:
A: Janie.We've got to talk.It's a small request.
贾尼斯,我们必须谈一谈。我有一个小小的要求。
B: What about?
关于什么?
A: It's your roommate,Sharon.
是你的室友莎伦。
B: And?
还有呢?
A: I keep asking her to turn down her music.
我一直都在叫她把音乐放小声一点。
B: I didn't know it was that loud.
我还不知道有那么大声呢。
A: It's not,until you leave.Then she turns it up.
你没走的时候,是不大声的。然后她就开得很大声了。
B: Realy? I wasn't aware of that.
真的吗?我真没注意到。
A: Yeah,she does,and it's often when I'm trying to study.It comes right through my wall.
她真的是这样的。而且经常是在我要学习的时候。那声音就透过墙传过来了。
B: I'll talk to her.
我会跟她说的。
A: Good.She has to turn it down.And she ignores me whenever I ask.
那太好了。她必须放小声一点。还有,每次我跟她说的时候她总是置之不理。
B: Okay.I'll get her to stop.
好的。我会让她停止这样做的。
A: Thanks.I appreciate it.
谢谢。我感激你这样做。
Dialogue 3:
A: Hey,Adam!
嗨,亚当!
B: What?
什么事?
A: It's your dog.He keeps coming into my yard and tearingitup.
是你的狗。他老是来我的院子里,然后把东西搞得乱七八糟。
B: How do you know? There are lots of dogs in this neighborhood.
你怎么知道呢?这附近有很多狗。
A: I've seen him,just this morning.
我亲眼看到它,就在今天早上。
B: Prove it!
那就证明得了了吗?
A: Look,don't make this difficult.I'm just requesing that you keep him in your yard.
别把事情弄的那么复杂。我只是要求你把他关好在你的院子里。
B: I do.He gets under the fence sometimes.
我关好啊。他有时候会自己穿过栅栏。
A: Well,that's not my problem.
那不是我的问题。
B: Are you saying it's my problem?
难道你说的那是我的问题吗?
A: Yes! It's your dog.
是的!它是你的狗。
B: What are you going to do about it?
你打算怎么样?
A: If I have to,I'll call the police.I've even got pictures of your dog coming over here.
如果有必要的话,我会叫警察。我甚至已经有了你的狗溜到我这里来的照片。
B: Okay,if you're so upset about it,I'll see what I can do.
好吧,如果这让你那么苦恼的话,我会想想办法的。
Dialogue 4:
A: How's it going,Cathy? You look good today.
你好吗,凯西?你今天看起来很好。
B: What do you want,Ben?
你想要什么,本?
A: Why do you think I want something?
为什么你会认为我想要什么呢?
B: Because you're being nice to me. That means you want something from me.
因为你对我这么和声和气,就意味着你有事求我了。
A: Well,now that you mention it,I did need to borrow your computer.
唔,既然你这么说,我是想借用你的电脑。
B: Why?
干什么用呢?
A: I've got to finish my essay tonight and my computer is broken.
我今晚的完成我的论文,我的电脑又坏了。
B: So you want to come over and break my computer?
所以你就想过来然后拆掉我的电脑?
A: No, I just need it for an hour.Please.I'm begging you.
不。我只是需要用一个小时。拜托,我求你了。
B: Why should I say yes?
我干嘛要答应呢?
A: Because you're a good person.
因为你是好人啊。
B: no, I'm not,but you can use it.For one hour.That's it.
不,我不是。但你可以用,一个小时。就这样。
A: Thank you so much,I really appreciate it.
万分感谢。我实在非常感激。
B: Don't make me regret it.One hour,that's it.
不要让我反悔。一个小时,就那么多。
A: One hour.I understand.I'll see you tonight.
一个小时。我明白。我今晚来找你。
Dialogue 5:
B: Oh,this is bad!
噢,这糟透了!
A: What?
什么?
B: Look,what I got in the mail.
看我收到一封什么信。
A: It says "You are hereby requested to appear in traffic court on Tuesday,8 a.m".
上面写着“特此通知你必须在星期二早上8点钟到达交通法庭”。
B: It's because I didn't pay that speeding ticket from last month.
这是因为我上个月没有付超速罚款。
A: What? Why not?
什么?为什么没有?
B: I don't know.I just forgot.
我不知道。我只是忘了。
A: Is it too late to pay?
现在交钱太迟了吗?
B: I can pay in court now,but it will cost more.
我现在可以在庭上交,只是要交多一点。
A: Maybe you should drive slower.
也许你应该开车慢一点。
B: Very dunny.Maybe you should shut up.
真好笑,也许你该闭嘴。
A: Sorry.Don't be so sensitive.
对不起,别那么敏感。
B: This is going to cost me $200.
这将要花上我200美元。
A: Well,don't look at me.I'm broke.
别看着我,我一分钱也没有了。
B: I guess I'm going to court on Tuesday.
我想下星期二我还是要上庭的。
A: I guess so. Make sure you drive slow on the way there.
我想也是。去那里的时候你一定要开慢点。
新英语900句第14课情景对话
Dialogue 1:
A: What are you reading, honey?
你正在读什么,亲爱的?
B: It's something sent by University of Ohio, Dad.
是俄亥俄大学寄来的一些东西,爸爸。
A: I thought you were thinking about going to Florida State
University.
我还以为你在考虑读佛罗里达州立大学呢。
B: I was, but this looks interesting.
我本来是的,但这个看起来也不错。
A: Why is that?
何以见得?
B: It's hard to say. I think I just like the feel of Ohio better.
很难说清楚。我想我就是喜欢俄亥俄的感觉多一些。
A: Is that all? No, other difference?
就那么多了吗?没其他分别了吗?
B: Well, I think Ohio has a better biology department than Florida.
我想俄亥俄的生物系比佛罗里达的好一些。
A: Is that what you want to study?
那是你想要学的吗?
B: I think so, but I may change my mind after four years.
是的。但也许在4年后我会改变主意。
A: Just make sure you decide on something you enjoy. That's the most
important thing.
一定要选定你喜欢的东西。那是最重要的。
B: That's also the most difficult thing. I'll keep thinking about it.
那又是最难作决定的。我会继续考虑的。
Dialogue 2:
A: Today was just awful.
今天倒霉透了。
B: Why? What happened?
为什么?发生什么事了?
A: I was two hours late for work. That stupid car broke down again.
我上班迟到了两个小时。那辆破车又坏了。
B: Again? We just had it serviced last month.
又坏了?我们上个月才拿去修过。
A: I think we need to give up and admit that the car had died.
我想我们得放弃了。干脆承认那车子已经完蛋了。
B: Yeah, I guess you're right.
是啊,我想你是对的。
A: Do you think we can afford another?
你认为我们能再买一辆吗?
B: We may just have to share my car for a while.
我们也许暂时得用我那一辆车。
A: Yes, but that's awfully inconvenient.
是的,但那太不方便了。
B: I agree, but what can we do?
我知道,但我们又能怎么办呢?
A: My friend's father owns a car dealership. Maybe he can help us.
我朋友的爸爸是卖汽车的。也许他能帮到我们。
B: Maybe. But we can't afford too much right now.
也许吧。但我们目前付不起太多的钱。
Dialogue 3:
A: Do you know what we need to do?
你知道我们要做什么吗?
B: What?
什么?
A: We need to start a college fund for Tyler.
我们需要开始为泰勒准备上大学的钱。
B: But he's not yet four years old. He won't be in college for another
fourteen years.
但他连4岁都不到。他还有14年才上大学呢。
A: Yes, but it's never too early to start saving.
是的,但赚钱是越早开始越好的。
B: Do you really think so?
你真的是这样想的吗?
A: I just read an article about how expensive college is already. It's
only going to get more expensive.
我刚读到一篇文章,讲到读大学已经非常昂贵了,而且只会越来越贵。
B: I have heard that some families start very early saving for
college.
我听说过一些家庭很早就开始为大学赚钱了。
A: I think we should as well. If you want, I'll call an accountant
tomorrow.
我想我们也应该了。如果你要的话,我明天就叫一个会计师。
B: Okay, give him a call and see what he says.
好的,给他打个电话,看他怎么说。
Dialogue 4:
A: Hey, Sean, do you know what you're doing after graduation?
嗨,肖恩,你知道毕业后要做什么了吗?
B: No idea. What about you?
不知道,您呢?
A: Actually, I've been considering a job in China.
事实上,我一直在考虑在中国找一份工作。
B: Really? Doing what?
真的吗?做什么呢?
A: Teaching English.
教英语。
B: Are you going to take the job?
你打算以这个为职业吗?
A: I'll probably take it. It's a big change.
我可能会。这是一个大转变。
B: I don't know anything about the place.
我对这个地方一无所知。
A: I think I'll like it. How bad could it be?
我想我会喜欢它的。它能坏到哪里去呢?
B: It's probably a good opportunity. And you won't have a better time
later in life.
可能这是一个好机会。以后的生活中你再也找不到比那更好的时光了。
A: That's probably true. I think it could be interesting.
可能那是对的,我想应该会很有趣。
B: Anyway, it sounds better than my plans. Good luck.
不管怎么样,听起来也好过我的计划。祝你好运。
Dialogue 5:
A: I'm thinking about quitting my job.
我正考虑把我的工作辞掉。
B: Well, this is a sudden decision.
这确是一个突然的决定。
A: Actually, I've been sort of thinking about it for a little while.
事实上我已经想了一段时间了。
B: You could have told me earlier.
你应该早点告诉我。
A: I'm telling you now. Anyway, I haven't made up my mind yet.
我现在不就在告诉你吗。不管怎么说,我还没拿定主意呢。
B: Why do you want to quit?
你为什么要辞职呢?
A: I'm just not happy there. I don't think I have much of a future
with my company.
我只是在那里不开心。我觉得我在我那个公司没有什么前途。
B: What do you think you want to do?
你想要干什么呢?
A: I don't know. I haven't really thought about it.
我不知道。我还没认真想过。
B: Well, you probably should think about it before you do anything too
drastic
在你还没作出什么台仓促的决定之前也许你应该考虑清楚
新英语900句第15课情景对话
Dialogue 1:
A: Did you hear about Jerry?
你听说杰尔的事了吗?
B: Yeah, he's supposed to be real sick.
听说了。大家都说他病得很严重。
A: That's what I heard too.
我也听说这样。
B: Do you know why he is sick?
你知道他为什么生病吗?
A: No, to be honest, I'm not certain.
不知道。老实说,我是不肯定。
B: I thought it was just an ordinary flu.
我原以为只是普通流感罢了。
A: That's probably it, but it seems to be a little worse than that.
可能就是那样。只是似乎比那更糟糕一点。
B: Maybe. I think the doctor isn't sure.
也许吧。我想医生也不肯定。
A: Did the doctor even have a guess?
医生作过什么猜测吗?
B: He said it could be an infection.
他说那有可能会感染病。
A: Well, that's not very helpful. He could be more specific.
那话没什么用。他应该更详细一点。
B: I know, especially since we work with Jerry.
我知道。尤其因为我们跟杰尔一起工作。
A: Yeah, I hate to each what he has.
是啊。我讨厌染上像他那样的病。
B: Me too. I wish we could know for sure.
我也是。我希望我们能知道得确切些。
Dialogue 2:
A: Do you have any idea where we are right now?
你知道我们现在在哪里吗?
B: I couldn't say for sure.
我不能肯定。
A: What would you guess?
你猜呢?
B: Well, we turned off of Houston Avenue about five minutes ago.
我们大约5分钟之前在休斯顿大道转弯。
A: That sounds right. Yes, I think that's true.
对。是的,我想那是正确的。
B: Okay, and I think we headed south, but I'm not positive about that.
那好,然后我想我们向南走,但我不是很肯定。
A: No, we turned left about a minute ago, so we're no longer pointing
south.
不,我们已经在一分钟之前左转,因此我们不再向南走了。
B: You're right. We must be headed cast again.
你是对的。我们一定是在向东走了。
A: And we're been driving about a minute east already.
而且我们已经向东走了好一会儿。
B: So we're somewhere near the harbor.
那么我们就在码头附近了。
A: I wish we knew for certain where the highway was.
我希望我们能确切知道高速公路在哪里。
B: No way to tell. I think we should keep going east.
鬼知道。我想我们应该继续向东走。
A: If you're confident that this is east. Okay, we'll go this way.
如果你敢保证这是东边的话,我们就沿这条路走吧。
B: Well, I can't be certain, but let's give this direction a try.
我不能保证,但我们就试试这个方向吧。
A: At this point, what harm could it do?
到了这个时候,还能有什么害处呢?
B: That's exactly what I was thinking.
我正这么想的。
Dialogue 3:
A: Where are you going?
你要去哪里?
B: I'm going to Mr. Hampton's office.
我要到汉普顿先生的办公室里去。
A: What for?
干什么?
B: Well, if you must know, I'm turning in a late assignment.
如果你一定要知道的话,我是要去交一份迟到的作业。
A: The only reason I ask is that I'm not certain he's there right now.
我这样问的唯一原因是我不能肯定他现在在那里。
B: Why not?
为什么不肯定呢?
A: I thought I saw him leave school about 30 minutes ago.
我想我是在30分钟之前见到他离开了学校。
B: That's awful. What can I do now?
那真糟糕了。我现在该怎么办呢?
A: Can you turn it in tomorrow?
你不能明天再交吗?
B: I don't think so. I'm not sure, but I'd rather not wait.
我想不能。我不知道,但我不愿等了。
A: Maybe you could just slip it under his door.
也许你可以从他的门下塞进去。
B: That's a good idea. I hope that is acceptable to Mr. Hampton.
那是个好主意。我希望那对汉普顿先生来说是可以接受的。
A: I'm sure he'll accept it, even if it is late.
我想他会接受的,即使是迟了一点。
B: Thanks for the idea. I'll go over there now.
谢谢你的主意。我现在就去。
A: Okay. Good luck.
好的,祝你好运。
Dialogue 4:
A: Did you see the newspaper today? There're starting the Smith murder
trial.
你看了今天的报纸了吗?史密斯谋杀开审了。
B: That's what I heard. Do you think he did it?
我也听说了。你认为使他干的吗?
A: I'm positive that he did it.
我敢肯定是他干的。
B: How can you be so sure?
你怎么那么肯定?
A: He confessed to the police.
他向警方认罪了。
B: He says that they forced him to confess.
他说他是被迫认罪的。
A: Oh, come on. How would they force him to confess?
哦,别来这一套。他们怎么会迫他认罪呢?
B: I'm sure they have ways. Besides, his lawyer wasn't informed, so
the confession doesn't
count.
我肯定他们有办法。况且,他的律师还没有被通知,所以这认罪是不算
数的。
A: Well, they also found his fingerprints at the scene.
他们还在现场发现了他的指纹。
B: That makes reason. He says he found the body.
那是有原因的。他说他发现尸体。
A: I don't believe him.
我不相信他。
B: I'm not so sure. What motive did he have?
我不敢说。他会有什么动机呢?
A: How should I know? He's crazy.
我怎么知道?他是疯的。
B: Oh, that's not fair.
哦,那不公平。
A: Do you think the police made a mistake? Could you do a better job?
你认为警方搞错了吗?你能做得更好吗?
B: maybe not, but the police make mistakes all the time.
也许不能,但警察经常会搞错的。
A: Well, I think he did it. I'm certain of it.
反正我想是他干的。我肯定。
B: With that kind of logic, it's a good thing you're not on the jury.
I'm certain of that
much.
以那种逻辑,你不在陪审团里真是件好事,这一点我十分肯定。
Dialogue 5:
A: Dear, did you call the plumber yet?
亲爱的,你打电话给水管工了吗?
B: No, I told you I'll care of the sink myself.
没有,我告诉过你我会自己搞定这个水槽的。
A: Oh, please don't try that again.
哦,请别再做那样的尝试了。
B: What? Don't you have any confidence in my abilities?
什么?难道你对我的能力没有一点信心吗?
A: No, I don't. Call the plumber.
没有。叫水管工来。
B: Why do you say that?
你为什么说那样的话呢?
A: Remember the washing machine? You didn't do a very good job with
that.
你还记得那个洗衣机吗?你上次没把它修好。
B: Yes, but I learned. I'm certain I can fix the sink. Just give me a
chance.
是的,但是我学到东西啦。我保证我能修好水槽。就给我一次机会嘛。
A: Not this time. We can afford a plumber. Call him.
这次就不要了。我们还请得起水管工。打电话给他。
B: Okay, fine. I'll call a plumber.
好的,我会叫一个水管工来的
新英语900句第16课情景对话
Dialogue 1:
A: I don't think our taxes get anything good for us.
我觉得我们納的税对我们一点好处都没有。
B: What do you mean? The state just gave another $4 million to
schools.
你在说什么?政府不是刚投入四百万美元到教育上吗?
A: I don't think that money does any good.
但我觉得那笔钱一点用都没有。
B: I disagree completely. Do you think schools can be run for free?
我一点也不同意你的说法。难道你认为学校没有资金可以运作吗?
A: They can be run for much cheaper.
但它们不需要那么多钱。
B: The result would be that children would be less educated.
如果那样的话,就会造成孩子们缺乏教育。
A: Not true. They spend a lot of that money on useless programs.
不对。他们把很多钱用在无用的计划上。
B: That money is going to buy more computers for the classrooms.
那笔钱是用来给教室装设电脑的。
A: So? We didn't have computers in school. We can still read and
write.
真的?过去我们学校也没有电脑。但我们照样能读会写。
B: That was twenty years ago. The world today depends on computers.
那是20年前的事了。当今的世界依赖电脑。
A: They can learn about computers from their parents at home.
他们可以在家里从他们的父母那里学习电脑。
Dialogue 2:
A: I think we should go to Mexico for vacation.
我认为我们应该去墨西哥度假。
B: I disagree. I think we should go to Canada.
不同意。我认为我们应该去加拿大。
A: Canada will still be cold this time of year.
加拿大这个时候仍然还很冷。
B: It will be cool, but not cold.
那叫凉爽,不叫冷。
A: It will be too cold for me.
对我来说太冷了。
B: Mexico will be too hot for me.
墨西哥对我来说太热了。
A: We can't go to both places.
那我们两个地方都别去了。
B: Why don't we go later in the year?
为什么不迟一点再去呢?
A: What good will that do?
那又有什么不同?
B: Canada will be warmer in a few months, but not too warm for me.
因为过几个月后加拿大就会变暖和,但对我来说又不会太热。
A: Yes, then we can both be happy. I think that's a good idea.
对,那样对我们俩都会高兴。我想那是个好主意。
B: I'm glad you agree.
我很高兴你能同意。
Dialogue 3:
A: I'm hungry. Do you want to get something to eat?
我很饿。你要不要弄点吃的?
B: Yes, that would be nice. What kind of food do you want?
好的,那很好。你想吃什么?
A: I was thinking of having Mexican food.
我正考虑吃墨西哥菜。
B: I don't like Mexican food at all.
我一点也不喜欢吃墨西哥菜。
A: Why not? It's so good.
为什么不喜欢吃?很好吃的。
B: It's too spicy and it's not healthy.
太辣了,不利健康。
A: I disagree. That's not true at all.
我不同意。事实完全不是那样的。
B: What do you mean? Of course it's true.
你说什么?当然是真的。
A: It's healthy than a lot of American food, such as hamburgers.
那比许多美式食物都健康多了,例如汉堡包。
B: It's still too spicy.
但那还是太辣了。
A: Come and try some. I know this place where much of the food is not
spicy.
试试吧,我知道一个地方,那里的很多事物都不辣。
B: Okay. I'll give it a try.
好的。那我们就试试吧。
A: Good. I'm glad we see eye to eye.
太棒了。我很高兴我们俩的意见一致。
Dialogue 4:
A: Do you want to come over and watch the ball game?
你想过来看球赛吗?
B: No, I'd rather do some reading for class. I don't like baseball.
不了。我宁愿读读课文,我不喜欢看棒球。
A: I suppose that's because you're a girl.
我猜可能是因为你是女孩的缘故吧。
B: Don't be ridiculous. I like football and basketball.
别那么可笑。我喜欢足球和篮球。
A: Then why do you not like baseball?
那你为什么不喜欢棒球?
B: Baseball is boring. It doesn't have much action.
棒球太无聊了,没多少动作。
A: I disagree completely. Do you think a home run is boring?
我一点也不同你的说法。难道你认为全坠打很无聊吗?
B: How often does that happen in a game?
一场比赛中又有多少次全坠打的呢?
A: How often does a goal happen in soccer? It's the same thing.
那一场足球赛中又有多少次射门呢?还不是一样?
B: At least in soccer everything is moving.
但至少踢足球时每个人都在运动。
A: Baseball can be interesting, once you learn about it.
一旦你学会了棒球,你就会觉得棒球很有趣了。
B: maybe so, but I'd rather take the time to learn.
可能会吧,但我不想会时间去学。
A: So you agree it could be interesting?
那你同意棒球很有趣了?
B: No, I just don't care. let me know the next time you watch a
basketball game.
不,我只是不在乎。下次你看球赛时通知我。
A: Okay, suit yourself.
好的,那随便你。
Dialogue 5:
A: What took you so long? I've been waiting for an hour for our tennis
match.
什么东西让你忙了那么久?我在这儿足足等了你1小时来打我们的网球赛
了。
B: I'm sorry. Traffic was awful. I got stuck.
对不起,交通很繁忙,塞车了。
A: Did you go through downtown?
你经过市中心了吗?
B: Yes. They've building that new stadium.
是的。那儿刚刚建了一个新体育馆。
A: I know, and the construction is slowing down the traffic.
我知道,建设使交通变慢了。
B: The worst thing about it is we don't even need the stadium.
最糟糕的就是我们根本不需要这个体育馆。
A: I couldn't agree with you more.
我很你赞同你的观点。
B: The mayor thinks it will be good for the city, but we don't even
have a sports team.
市长认为对那城市有好处,但我们连一个体育队都没有。
A: I guess he thinks it will attract a team.
我猜他可能觉得拿那会吸引一个体育队。
B: That's a pretty big risk to take.
那要冒很大的险。
A: Yes, I agree .I don't understand it at all.
是的。我同意。我一点也不理解他们为啥那样想。
B: Well, I suppose I should stay out of the downtown area.
我认为我不该呆在市中心。
A: Probably so. Anyway, let's go play tennis.
可能是吧。无论如何,我们打网球吧。
B: Good idea. Let's go.
好主意。我们走吧。
新英语900句第17课情景对话
Dialogue 1:
A: What are you doing today?
你今天要干什么?
B: What I always do,every year.
每年我都是这样。
A: By the way,do your kids still believe in Santa Claus?
顺便问一下,你的孩子仍然相信圣诞老人的存在吗?
B: My son's only four years old,so I haven't told him the truth yet.
我儿子才四岁,所以我没把事实告诉他。
A: How old were you when you stopped believing in Santa?
你多大才不相信圣诞老人的?
B: I was ten. A kid at school told me Santa wasn't real.
我10岁的时候。因为学校里有个孩子告诉我圣诞老人不是真的。
A: My dad told me when I was ten.
我10岁时,我爸爸告诉我了。
B: That's a pretty big moment,when you stop believing in Santa.
对一个人来说,开始不相信圣诞老人是个相当重大的时刻。
A: I didn't say I believed my dad when he told me Santa wasn't real.
当我爸爸告诉我圣诞老人不是真的时候,我并不相信他。
B: So you still believe in Santa Claus?
那么说你仍然相信圣诞老人的存在了?
A: It's the only thing I don't believe in anymore.
那是我再也不会相信的唯一一事情。
Dialogue 2:
A: Who do you think will win the election for senator?
你认为谁会赢得参议员选举?
B: I think Tom Smith will win,I hope so.
我认为汤姆史密斯会赢。我希望如此。
A: Why do you want Smith to win?
为什么你希望史密斯会赢呢?
B: He promised to lower taxes.
他承诺会降低税收。
A: And you believe him?
你就相信他了?
B: Sure.Why not?
当然。为啥不相信?
A: He's just saying that in order to win the election.
他说那话只是为了赢得竞选罢了。
B: How do you know?
你怎么知道?
A: He wants to have many new programs,which require taxes.
他想要实施很多新计划。而这些计划都得人们纳税才可以实行。
B: I'm sure he'll find a way to do that without more taxes.
我确信,他一定会找到一个不用提高税收而实行那些计划的方法。
A: You're too naive.
你太天真了。
B: And you're too cynical.
而你却太愤世嫉俗了。
Dialogue 3:
A: Hi,Mom.I'm going out to play.
妈妈,我出去玩了。
B: Have you finished your homework,young man?
年轻人,你做完你的作业了吗?
A: Yes,can I go now?
做完了。现在我可以出去了吗?
B: Let me see your work.
让我看看你作业。
A: How come you never believe me?
为什么你从不相信我?
B: You never give me reason to believe you.Now,show me your work.
因为你从来都没有给我让我相信你的理由。好,现在把你的作何拿给我看。
A: Okay,Okay.Let me get it.Here,see.
好,好,我拿给你看。这就是了,看吧。
B: Well,it looks like you're actually finished.
哦,看起来你真的完成了。
A: Good.Now can I go out and play?
太棒了。那我现在可以出去玩了吗?
B: Okay.You can go out.
好的,去吧。
A: Thanks Mom.Bye.
谢谢妈妈,再见。
Dialogue 4:
A: Hey,guess what?
嘿,猜猜?
B: What is it?
是什么?
A: I've got some really good news.
我有个真正的好消息。
B: Well,don't keep me in suspense.Tell me.
别再卖关子了,快告诉我。
A: I got promoted to manager at the office.
我被提升为办公室经理了。
B: Oh,that's too good be true,I can't believe it.
如果那时真的就太好了,我简直不能相信。
A: Believe it,honey.It's true.
相信我,亲爱的。这是真的。
B: I guess this means you'll be getting paid more.
我想那意味着你以后会拿到更高的工资。
A: Yes.I can hardly believe it myself.
是的,就连我自己也不敢相信这是真的。
B: Maybe we can go to Mexico this year for vacation.
或许今年我们可以去莫斯哥度假了。
A: Is that what you want to do?
那就是你想做的事情吗?
B: Maybe.We can talk about it.This is unbelievably good news.
可能吧,我们可以谈谈这事。这真是难以置信的好消息。
A: It's certainly true.
的确是真的。
B: I'm so happy for you.
我为你感到高兴。
Dialogue 5:
A: Hey,Mary.Do you know when our reports are due?
嘿,玛丽,你知道我们的报告什么时候得交吗?
B: I believe they are due at the end of the month.
我想这个月底我们得交上去。
A: What is your paper about?
你的报告写了什么内容?
B: I'm writing on Greek mythology.
我写的是关于希腊神话的。
A: That's interesting.
那很有趣。
B: Yes,it is.I'm learning many things.
是的。我学了很多东西。
A: Didn't they believe in a lot of different gods?
他们信仰许多不同的神,对吗?
B: Yes,they did.They believed that certain gods caused things in nature.
是的,他们相信某个神引起了自然界事物的发生。
A: Some people still believe things like that today.
现在还有一些人相信这些呢。
B: Maybe, but most modern people know more about science.
也许吧。但绝大部分现代人对科学有了更多的认识。
A: I don't know about that.I saw your last grade in science class.
我倒不知道那个,但我上次看到你科学课的成绩。
B: Very funny,Paul.
你真搞笑,保罗。
新英语900句第18课情景对话
Dialogue 1:
A: I just finished grading your test,Bobby.
博比,我刚改完你们的试卷。
B: Oh,no.Did I fail?
哦,不,我不及格吗?
A: No.Why do you think that?
不会。你为什么那样想呢?
B: It was a very hard test.
因为那试卷太难了。
A: Actually,I wanted to congratulate you.
事实上,我想祝贺你。
B: Me? Why?
祝贺我?为什么?
A: You got the highest grade in the class.
你得了全班最高分。
B: Really? That's amazing.
真的吗?那太令人惊讶了。
A: You did a good job,Bobby.
博比,你做得很好。
B: I did study hard.
我的确很认真去学。
A: I can tell,I hope you study as much for the next test.
我知道。我希望你会为下次考试还同样努力。
B: I will,Mrs Fisher.I will.
我会的,费希尔老师,我会的。
Dialogue 2:
A: Hey,James.I haven't seen you in a while.
嘿,詹姆斯,好久不见。
B: It's been a few months since we last saw each other.
从我们上次见面至今已有几个月了。
A: You look good.
你看起来很好。
B: I've been exercising a lot.
我经常做运动。
A: I'm jealous.I should exercise as much.
我真羡慕你。我也应该做多点运动。
B: It's some hard work.
那不是轻而易举的事。
A: I can imagine,but you look a lot bigger too.
我可以想象得到,但你看起来也健壮了。
B: I know.I got tired of being so skinny.
我知道。我不想继续瘦小下去。
A: Well,the improvement really shows.
哦,改善真的很显著。
B: Stop.You're embarrassing me.
快别这样说,你让我感到难为情了。
A: Okay,okay,Mr Muscles.
好的,好的,肌肉先生。
B: You're right.You are jealous.
说得对,你嫉妒了。
Dialogue 3:
A: That was a pretty good game today.
今天的比赛打得很好。
B: Yeah.I didn't think we were going to win,but we did.
是的。我本来觉得我们不会赢的,但我们赢了。
A: You were playing pretty good.Good job.
你打得很好,好样的。
B: Yeah.Most of that was luck.I wasn't playing as well as you were.
是的。大部分是因为运气,我打的没你那么好。
A: Doesn't be so humble.You won the game for us.
别再谦虚了,你为我们赢得了比赛。
B: We all won the game.
是我们大家一起赢得比赛。
A: You're just saying that to be modest.
你这是在说谦虚的话罢了。
B: Well,we still have to practice.
我们还需要训练。
A: Yes,that is the only way to keep winning.
是的,那是保持获胜的唯一方法。
B: And keep me on the team,because I'm so good.
那我留在队里,看在我打的那么好的份上。
A: I liked it better when you were humble.
我更喜欢你谦虚一点的时候。
B: I'm only kidding.Let's go celebrate our win.
我只是在开玩笑罢了。走,咱们去庆祝胜利吧。
A: Good idea.
好主意。
Dialogue 4:
A: I am so jealous of you.
我真嫉妒你。
B: Why do you say that?
为什么那么说?
A: Because every day you always wear something good.
因为你每天都穿的那么漂亮。
B: Really? I just throw on anything i can find.
真的吗?我只是找到什么就匆匆穿上而已。
A: That's not true.You have really good taste.
那不是真的。你的品味的确很高。
B: Do you think so?
你是这样想吗?
A: Yes, I do.Maybe you could go shopping with me sometime.
是的。或许改天我该叫你陪我去购物。
B: Okay.That might be fun.
好的。那将会是件开心的事。
A: You could help me pick out some good clothes.
你可以帮我挑几件好看的衣服。
B: Can you go this Saturday?
这个星期六你能去吗?
A: Yes,that would be perfect.
能,那太好不过了。
B: I'll give you a call.
我会打电话给你。
Dialogue 5:
A: Wow! That's a nice car you have there.
哇!你的小汽车这真漂亮。
B: Thanks.It's a 1965 Corvette.
谢谢。这是学佛菜1965年型号的。
A: I know.I bet that was expensive.
我知道。我敢打赌那很贵。
B: It was,but it's been a dream all my life to have one.
是的,但能拥有它是我一辈子的梦想。
A: It looks like you keep it in good condition.
看起来你把它保养得很好。
B: I come out every Sunday and clean it for about an hour.
我每个星期天都把它开出去,花1小时清洗它。
A: I would too if I had a car like that.
假如我有一部这样的车的话,我也会这样做。
B: You want to take it for a drive?
你想开一开吗?
A: Oh,no,I wouldn't trust myself with a car that nice.
不了,开这么漂亮的车,我信不过自己。
B: I can understand that.How about I drive,and you can come along for the ride?
我可以理解。不如我来开车,你和我一起游车河怎么样?
A: Yeah,that would be great.
好的,太棒了。
B: Okay,get in and fasten your seat belt.
那好,坐上车,系好安全带。
新英语900句第19课情景对话
Dialogue 1:
A: I can't believe what happened,Dad.
爸爸,我几乎不敢相信发生的事情。
B: Why? What happened?
为什么?发生什么事了?
A: I lost in the science fair.
我在科技展览会上输了。
B: No,you didn't.You got second place.
不,你没输。你获得了第二名。
A: I should have got first place. The winning exhibit wasn't as good as mine.
我本可以获得第一名的。获得第一名的作品都没我的作品好。
B: I think you're right,son.
我想你说得对,孩子。
A: Life's not fair.
生活真是不公平。
B: That's true. It's important that you learn that lesson.
的确如此,你懂得这个道理,这对你很重要。
A: That doesn't make me feel any better.
但那并没有使我好过些。
B: You should see that important thing is that you did do a better job,even if you didn't
win. That's what counts.
你该看到,即使你没有赢,重要的是你比以前做得好。那才是真正的意义所在。
A: Really?
真的吗?
B: Of course it does.You can't always win,but if you keep doing well, it will work out
in the long run.
当然是真的。你不可能总是赢,但假如你坚持一直做好,长远来讲,你始终会有回报的。
A: Thanks,Dad.That makes me feel a little better.
谢谢你,爸爸。那让我感觉好一点了。
B: No problem.You mom's fixing dinner,so we'd better hurry home.
没问题的。你妈妈在做饭了。我们最好快点回家吧。
Dialogue 2:
A: Why are you so sad,honey?
亲爱的,为什么你这么不开心?
B: I miss my dog,Oscar.
我想念我的小狗,奥斯卡。
A: I know you do,Linda.I miss Oscar too.
我知道你想念它,琳达。我也想念奥斯卡。
B: Why did we give him to Grandma and Grandpa?
为什么我们要把它交给爷爷和奶奶?
A: You know why.He was getting to big for our little house.?
原因你也知道。对于我们的小房子来说。它长得太大了。
B: So what? I wanted to play with him.
那又怎样?我想跟它一起玩。
A: Don't you think that's a little selfish?
你不觉得那有点自私吗?
B: Why is that selfish,Mommy?
那样为什么叫自私,妈妈?
A: Isn't Oscar happier playing on that big farm with Grandpa?Don't you want him to be
happy?
难道奥斯卡在大农场里和爷爷奶奶玩就不开心吗?难道你不希望它开心吗?
B: Yes,but doesn't he miss me too?
我当然能希望,但难道它不想我吗?
A: Of course,he does,but whenever we go visit Grandpa and Grandma,then you can see him.
当然想你,但是每当我们去探望爷爷奶奶时,你就可以和它一起玩了。
B: I hope we go up there soon.
我希望我们快点去。
A: We will,honey.We'll see them soon.
我们会的,亲爱的。我们很快就可以见到他们了。
B: Good.Then I can play with Oscar.
太好了。那样我又可以和奥斯卡一起玩了。
Dialogue 3:
A: Today was awful.
今天真糟糕。
B: Have a seat and tell me about it.
快坐下来告诉我。
A: I got fired from the store.
我被商店老板解雇了。
B: The sporting goods store? Why?
那个体育用品店吗?为什么?
A: The boss said I came in late too many times.
老板说我迟到频繁。
B: Why were you late?
什么你会迟到?
A: I had to finish a test at school.
因为我得回学校参加考试。
B: That's not fair,but you didn't like that job anyway.
那太不公平了,但话说回来,你不是不喜欢那份工作吗?
A: I know,but I needed the money to buy my Dad's car.
我知道。但我需要钱来买我爸爸的那辆车。
B: Look at the bright side.
向好的方面想吧。
A: What could be the bright side?
好的方面是什么?
B: This job was getting in the way of school.You didn't like it anyway and you can always
find another job.
那份工作妨碍你上学。况且你又不喜欢它,你总能找到另一份工作的。
A: I guess that's reassuring. I'm just annoyed right now.
我猜你想安慰我吧。但我现在真的很气愤。
B: That's understandable. Have a beer and forget about it.
那可以理解。喝点啤酒然后把它忘了。
A: Thanks. I could use a drink.
谢谢。我的确需要点啤酒。
B: My friend works at restaurant,and they need people.We'll go over there tomorrow and
look for a job.
我朋友在一家餐馆工作,他们需要人手。我们明天去看看能否在那儿找到一份工作。
A: That sounds good to me.
那主意听起来不错。
Dialogue 4:
A: I can't believe I said that to your parents at dinner.
我真不敢相信我竟然在吃饭时对你的父母说了那些话。
B: What? What did you say?
什么?你说了什么?
A: That we have to work a lot for money righ now.
我说我们现在不得不干许多活来赚钱。
B: What's wrong with saying that? It's true.
说那话有什么错?那是事实。
A: They'll think we're asking for a loan.
他们会以为我们想借钱。
B: No, they wouldn't think that.
不,他们不会那样想的。
A: They'll certainly think I'm not a good husband.
但他们一定会认为我不是个好丈夫。
B: Why? They like you very much.
为什么?他们非常喜欢你。
A: Because it seems like I can't provide for you.
因为那听起来像是在说我不能供养你。
B: That's silly.They know we're just getting started in life.
那太可笑了。他们知道我们刚开始我们的生活。
A: Maybe you're right.
或许你说得对。
B: Of course. I'm right.I know my parents.Don't worry about it.
我说的当然是对的。我了解我的父母。别担心。
A: Good.I guess that's reassuring to know.
太好了。知道这使我安心多了。
Dialogue 5:
A: Why are you so upset?
你为什么那么沮丧?
B: I'm just worried. My grandfather is in the hospital.
我只是担心罢了。我爷爷住院了。
A: Why? What's wrong with him?
为什么?他发生什么事了?
B: He fell down yesterday and broke his leg.
昨天他摔倒了,摔断了腿。
A: Oh,that's awful.I'm sure he'll recover.
哦,那太糟糕了。我相信他会好的。
B: Maybe,but he's getting older,I worry about him.
可能吧,但他越来越老了。我很担心他。
A: I feel the same way about my grandfather,but you shouldn't worry so much.
我也担心我的爷爷,但你不必太担心。
B: Why? I'm afraid that no one can take care of him in the future.
为什么?我担心将来没人会照料他。
A: Your grandmother can take care of him.She's in good health and she's very good person.你奶奶可以照料他。她身体很好,心地又善良。
B: That's some consolation,I suppose.I just feel bad that I don't have more time to look
after them.
我希望我可以得到些安慰。但一想到我没法抽出更多时间照顾他们时我就感到很不开心。
A: They probably wouldn't want you to be tired down with them.
他们可能不希望你被他们束镈。
B: You're right,but I still worry.
你说得对,但我还是很担心。
新英语900句第20课情景对话
Dialogue 1:
A: What are you doing this afternoon?
今天下午你将要干什么?
B: I don't know.I'll probably do homework.
我都不知道。可能做作业吧。
A: I have a better idea.
我有一个更好的主意。
B: What's that?
是什么?
A: Let's go sneak into the junkyard.
我们偷偷溜进废品收购站。
B: I don't think that's such a good idea.
我认为那不是个好主意。
A: Why not?
为什么不是?
B: There's a sign outside the gate that reads"NO TRESPASSING".
因为那门的外面有个标牌上面写着“禁止入内”。
A: So what? I said we'll sneak in,so we won't get caught.
那又怎样?我说过我们会偷偷地进去,所以我们不会被抓到。
B: Are you worried about the dog?There's another sign which says"BEWARE OF DOG".
你不担心那条狗吗?因为那里还有一个标牌写着“小心,有狗”。
A: You worry too much.I don't think there's really dog.
你太担心了。我并不认为那里真的有狗。
B: Fine.You go find out and tell me.I'm doing my homework.
好的。你去看看再告诉我。我做我的作业。
Dialogue 2:
A: It sure is a sunny day.
今天真是阳光普照。
B: Is that why you're driving so fast?
那就是你开得这么快的原因吗?
A: Why do you say that?
为什么那样说?
B: The speed limit here is 65 miles per hour.You are driving at 80.
这里的速度限制是每小时65英里。你现在的速度是每小时80英里。
A: Everyone speeds.
每个人都会超速的啦。
B: Not here.There are always a lot of police on this part of the road.
但这里就不能。这段路总是有很多警察。
A: So what? It's a little fine.
那又怎样?不就罚一点款罢了。
B: Actually that sign juist said "FINES DOUBLED FOR SPEEDING"which means it'll be twice
the normal amount.
事实上那标记上就是写着“超速驾驶,双倍罚款”那意味着罚款的数目会等于平常的两倍。
A: Well,it's my money to worry about.
哦,你担心的只是我的钱罢了。
B: Yes, but it's my life to worry about.Even if it weren't illegal to drive so fast.I'd
still want you to slow down.
是的。但担心的还有我的性命。即使开得这么快不是违法的。我仍希望你开得慢点。
A: Fine.I'll slow down.Are you happy?
好的。我开慢点就是了,你高兴了吧?
B: Yes,I am.Thank you.
是的。谢谢。
Dialogue 3:
A: That was a good meal.
那顿饭真丰盛。
B: Yes,it was.How about some dessert?
是的。要点甜品吗?
A: That would be nice,but first I want to smoke this cigar.
那很好,但我想先抽这根雪茄。
B: I don't think you should do that.
我认为你不应该抽烟。
A: Why not? It's a nice cigar.
为什么不抽?这是一支相当不错的雪茄。
B: In this restaurant,the sign says"NO SMOKING".
这家餐馆里有“禁止抽烟”的标牌。
A: They can't stop me from smoking.
他们不可以阻止我抽烟。
B: They can make you leave.Anyway,it's bad for your health.
但他们可以请你离开。无论怎么说,那对你的健康没好处。
A: Let me worry about my own health.
我的健康是我自己的事情。
B: It's bad for my health too,as well as for everyone else here.
但对我的健康还有其他在这里的人的健康也不好啊。
A: Okay,okay.I'll put out the cigar.
好的,好的。我把烟熄灭就是了。
B: Good.Now let's have some dessert.
太好了。现在让我们叫些甜品吧。
Dialogue 4:
A: This was a good idea to go to the museum.
来参观博物馆是个好主意。
B: Yes,we should do this more often.
是的,我们应该多来。
A: Wow!Look at that artifact.I bet it's over a thousand years old.
哦!看那手工艺品。,我敢打赌,它一定有一干多年的历史。
B: I'm going to take a picture.
我去照张照片。
A: You can't.That sign says"NO PICTURES ALLOWED".
你不可以那样做。那个标牌写着“禁止拍照”。
B: Why does it say that?Is this a secret display?
为什么写那东西。 难道这是秘密展览?
A: No silly.The camera light damages the artifact.
别说傻话了。照相机发出的光会损害那手工艺品。
B: Really?
真的吗?
A: It is so old and fragile that the light and heat wear on it.
它们又旧又容易破碎以至于光线和热量都会对它们造成磨损。
B: Then how can I get a picture?
那我怎样才可以得到一张照片?
A: We can buy one at the gift shop on the way out.
我们可以在沿这条路出去的那家精品店买一张。
B: What a good idea! Let's do that instead.好主意。那我们就去买一张吧。
Dialogue 5:
A: I'll be back in a little bit.
我一会就回来。
B: Where did you go,honey?
你要去哪,亲爱的?
A: We need milk.I'm going to the store.
我们需要些牛奶。所以我得去商店。
B: Did you see the weather report?
你看天气预报了吗?
A: No.Why? What did it say?
没有。为什么这样问?它说了什么?
B: It said there was a snow warning tonight.I don't think you should be out driving.
它说今晚有下雪警告。我觉得你不易开车出去。
A: That's silly.I'll be right back.
那太可笑了。我一会儿回来。
B: The store is 30 minutes from here,at least.
商店离这里至少需要30分钟的车程。
A: I'm a good driver.
我是一个好司机。
B: It won't matter if the road gets slippery.
假如路变滑了,再好也没用。
A: I'll drive slowly.
我会开慢点。
A: You can't see through the falling snow.The news said this was a serious warning.
在纷纷扬扬的雪花中你很难看清楚。新闻所说这是个严重警告。
B: You really don't want me to go?
你真的不希望我出去?
A: Maybe if it was important,but we can get milk later.
或许就算牛奶对我们很重要,但我们也可以迟点去买。
B: I guess it's not an emergency.I'll stay here then.
我想那不是件很急的事情。那我就不出去了。
新英语900句第21课情景对话
Dialogue 1
A:what do you think of the new boss?
你觉得这个新老板怎么样?
B: Do you mean Mr.Li?
你是李先生吗?
A:yes,that's right.
是的,你说的对。
B:I think he's a pretty good guy,and that’s his problem.
我想他人挺好的,而那正是他的问题所在。
A:What do you mean?
你的意思是…..
B:I mean that he's too nice.He tries to be everyone's friend.
我的意思是他太好了。他想成为每个人的好朋友。
A:What's wrong with that?
那有什么问题吗?
B:Nothing,except some people don't listen to him.
没什么,只是有些人不会听他的。
A:I don't think I understand.
我不是很明白
B:He's too soft on people.That encourages some people to not do their share of the work.
和对人太和蔼了,那会引起一些人偷懒的
A:Really ?I never thought of that.
真的吗?我倒从没有想过。
B: Don't get me wrong,I think he's a great guy.
别误会,我以为他是个好人。
A:He's just not cut out to be a boss.
他只是不适合当老板
B:Exactly.
正是
Dialogue 2
A:Hey,where are you going?
嗨,你要去哪?
B:I borrowed this CD from David.I'm going to return it.
我向大卫借了这张CD,我正要去还给他。
A:He's got a lot of CDs,doesn't he?
他有很多CD,不是吗?
B:Yes,and he's generous with them.
是的,而且他很乐意出借。
A:I've heard about him.He seems like a pretty nice guy.
我也听说他是那样的,他似乎人挺好的。
B:I think it's just his nature.
我想他的性格就是那样。
A:Actually,I've also heard he has a bad temper.
事实上 我也听说他的脾气挺坏的。
B:Really?I hadn't heard that.
真的吗?我从没听说过。
A:Apparently,someone returned one of his CDs scratched.and he was really mad.
很明显,是有人借了他的CD,还的时候却弄花了。他便气得不得了。
B:That seems reasonable.I would be mad too.
那似乎挺合理的呀?我也会生气的不得了
A:Yeah,I guess I would ,too.He just seems so nice.it's hard to imagine him being angry.
是的,我想我也会 的,他看起来是那么好,真的很难想象他生气。
B:I'd better get going.I've still got to return this to him.
我最好还是走了。我还要把这个还给他。
A:Are you going to borrow another CD?
你打算还借一张CD吗?
B:Maybe I will ,I'll see you later.
也许会的,回头见
新英语900句第22课情景对话
Dialogue 1:
A:Hey,Mike,I haven’t seen you in a while.
嗨,迈克,好久不见了。
B:I’ve been busy moving to a new place.
我一直忙着搬家的事情。
A:Oh,really ,how is that going?
真的吗?搞得怎么样了?
B:I finally got settled in the weekend ,It’s pretty nice.
这个周末终于安顿下来了,挺好的。
A:Say more.
再讲多一点
B:It’s a nice-sized apartment.on the west side of the city.It has enough to satisfy my needs bathroom,living-room,kitchen, bedroom and so on.It also has an enclosed porch.
房子在城西,大小适中,我所要的它都齐全了,浴室、客厅、厨房、卧室等等。还有有个独立的门廊呢!
A:That does sound nice.maybe you should have a party there sometime.
听起来挺棒的,也许你过些时候该在那儿开个聚会。
B:I’ve been thinking about it.The living-room is large enough for a good number of people. At least all of our friends.
我一直都在考虑,那客厅可以容下很多人,至少(可以容纳)我们所有的朋友。
A:That would be a good idea.
那将是个好主意
B:The only problem is that it has carpet from wall to wall,so people would have to be careful not to spill things.
唯一的问题是房子里的地毯是连着墙的,所以人们就得小心别把东西搞的到处都是。
A:Oh,I see,Carpet can be difficult to clean.
我明白,地毯是很难清洗的。
B:The good thing is that the kitchen has a dishwasher which saves me a lot of time.
好在厨房里有一个洗衣机,可以替我省下很多时间。
A:Yeah,nobody likes doing dishes.
是啊,没有人,喜欢洗碗
B:You should come by sometime and take a look.
你该什么时候过来看看
A:I think I’ll do that ,See you later Mike.
我想我会的,过后见,迈克
B:See you later ,Walt.
过后见,沃尔特
Dialogue 2:
A:Wow,did you see the rain this morning?
哇,你今天早上看到那场雨了吗?
B:Yeah,I got caught it on the way to work.
看到了,我在上班的路上,正好被淋到了。
A:Really?You look so dry,I’m soaked
真的吗?你看上去没湿,我就湿透了。
B:This because my sister brought me this jacket for Christmas.
那是因为我姐姐圣诞节送给我的这件夹克。
A:Oh,that’s nice,It looks kind of light.
哦,挺好看的,看上去很轻的。
B:It’s not heavy,but it’so warm,because of modern materials,It’s very waterproof.
不重但是很暖,因为它是用最先进的材料做的。防水性很好
A:Ihis is nice,will it be warm enough.even later in the winter.
那真好,等到冬天再冷一点的时候还会暖吗?
B:It should be,it is too hot.I can remove the inside layer.
应该会,如果太热的话,我可以去掉里层
A:I see it’s even got a head
我看到它连帽子都有呢
B:yeah,I really like that part.it’s very good for keeping my head dry.
是的,我的确很喜欢那一部分
A:That’s important,A wet head makes you get sick.
那很重要,头发湿了很容易的病的。
B:I’m very grateful for this gift I saw some of these on sale at the mall last week.
我非常感激这份礼物,上星期我在购物中心看到一些这样的外套在大减价。
A:I think I’ll go down there and get one.
我想我回去那里买上一件
B:You should ,They’er really worth it.
有真的该去,那些衣服真的很划算
Dialogue 3:
A: what have been doing today?
你今天一直在干什么
B:I was out shopping.
我出去买东西了
A:really?for what?
是的,买什么?
B:You know how they had that report on crime rising on the news last month?
有知道上个月有关犯罪率上升的新闻吗?
A:yes,what did you buy?
知道,那你买了什么
B:I got a gun.
我买了一把手枪
A:you just went out and bought a gun?that’s crazy.
你出去就买了一把手枪,那真够疯的
B:I didn’t just go out and buy it.i had to do some paperwork and wait for a week.The government had to make sure I had a good record.
我不是单单出去买抢而已,我要准备一下文书工作,然后等一个星期,政府必须确保我的记录良好。
A:It doesn’t matter,it’sstill unnecessary.
那无关紧要,而且没有必要
B: I think it is necessary.it’s just a small pistol,it’ll keep it at home.and maybe in the car on long trips.
我认为那是必要的,只是一把小手枪而已,我会把它放在家里,可能开长途车上也会带上。
A;don’t you think it’s unsafe to have in the house
难得你不认为在家里放把手枪不安全吗
B:I don’t have any children ,so how can it be unsafe?
我没有孩子,怎么会不安全?
A:do you even know how to use it?
你究竟知不知道怎么用?
B:the police department is giving classes on gun safety now.
警署正开设一下有关枪支安全的课程
A:I still think it’s a bad idea.Are you really going to shoot someone?I don’t think so.
我还是觉得这不是一个号注意,你真的打算去射人吗?我就不这么想了。
B:I hope not.who knows?as a single woman ,though I think I should be able to pretect myself.anyway my father has two guns.
我不希望如此,谁知道会发生什么呢?不过作为一个单身女人,我想我的保护自己,况且,我爸爸有两把枪
A:it’s different,he goes hunting and he used to be in the military.
那不同,他去打猎而且他曾在军队呆过。
B:what difference does that make ,I have the same rights as him.
那有什么不同呢?我跟她有相同的权利
A:I hope you’re not overstating, but I’m curious ,can I see it?
我希望你不要太过夸张,但是我挺好奇的,我能看一下吗?
B:sure ,come on over and have a look.
当然可以,过来看一下吧!
Dialogue 4:
A:don’t come in the house with those diry boots.
不要穿这么脏的鞋子进来
B:I won’t,I’m leaving them on the porch.
我不会的,我会把它们放在门廊处
A:How long have you had those boots anyway?
你穿那双鞋子究竟多久了?
B:I think about seven years now.
我想到现在差不多7年了。
A:really?they haven’t fallen apart?
真的吗?它们还没有坏?
B;not yeat.I keep them in good condition and I still go hiking in them when I can.
还没有,我把它们保管的好好的当我出去远足的时候,我还会穿它们出去
B:are you sure you don’t want to buy new ones?
你确定不买一双新的吗?
A:I could ,but these fit so well now.I think they ought to last a few more years.
我本来可能买的,但是它们现在还是那么好穿。我想我还能再穿几年。
B:haven’t the bottom worn off?
那鞋底没有坏吗
A:yes,but I just had been replaced a few months ago.
坏过,但我几个月前,刚把鞋底换过
B:I see,well,if they make you happy,that’s good.just don’t track mud in the house.
我明白了,如果你 穿的开心就好,只是 泥巴踩到屋子里就行了。
A:I know,I left them outside on the porch. what’s for dinner?
我知道,我已经把它们放在外头门廊处了。晚饭吃什么?
B:I ordered a pizza earlier.It should be here any time now
我刚才点了一个比萨,现在应该马上就到了
A:great,I’m starving.
太好了,我快饿坏了
Dialogue 5:
A:this is really nice Chinese restaurant.
这是一间不错的中餐厅
B:I know,I read about it in the newspaper.
我知道,我在报纸上读到过它
A:I’m glad they give us a knife and a fork.I don’t see how you use those chopsticks.
我很高兴它们为我们提供了刀叉,我不能想象你怎么用那些筷子
B:A Chinese friend in college taught me.it’s easy once you get used to it.it’s just like using your hands.
一个大学的中国朋友教我 的,你一习惯就觉得它容易了,就像用你的双手一样,
A:I don’t see how you pick up anything.
我不能想象你怎么能夹得起东西
B:you just hold them like this with one on your thumb and the other between these two fingers.
你就像这样握住它们,一根放在大拇指上另一根放在两个手指中间。
A:that seems clumsy.
那看起来笨笨的
B:it’s not.persently,I think it’s more civilized than using a piece of medal to stab your food.
不,我个人认为这比用一块金属把食物刺起来文明多了。
A:maybe,but the rest of the world uses knives and forks.
也许吧,但世界其他地方都在用刀叉
B:that’s not really true.much of Asia uses chopsticks.and in many countries people just use their hands.
那也不全对,亚洲大多数地方都用刀叉,在很多国家人们只是用手而已
A:well ,I use a knife and fork.
反正我就是用刀叉
B:You use your hands when you eat fast food sometimes. Some Chinese think it’s unclean to use your hands. They may be right.
有时候你吃快餐的时候也只是一些中国人认为用手是不卫生的。™也许是对的
A:Are you calling me dirty?
你是在骂我脏吗
B: no,I’m just saying.you should expand your outlook.. oh, look,our foof is here,let’s eat.
不,我只是在说你应该开阔一下眼界,看,我们的食物来了,我们吃吧。
新英语900句第23课情景对话
Dialogue 1
A:hello,Is this a good time to speak with you?
你好,现在跟你讲句方便吗?
B: sure . what can I do for you?
当然可以,有什么可以帮你的吗?
A:I was at the computer business conference in Dallas last month. I heard your speak,but your name escapes me
上个月我去了达拉斯举行的电脑商业大会。我听了你的发言,但我不记得你的名字。
B: Oh,it’s Janice Abrahams ,And you are?
哦,是珍妮丝.阿伯拉罕。那你呢?
A:sorry,I’m Tom Dickens.
对不起,我是汤姆.狄更斯
B:you wanted to ask me something?
有想问我什么事情?
A:yes,do you think what you said about the internet is also true for smaller companies?
是的,你认为你所说的有关互联网的的东西也适用于小公司吗?
B:how small?
多小?
A:my company only has 9 employees.
我的公司只有9个员工
B:I don’t think that would make a difference.
我认为那没有关系
A;really? That’s good to know.
真的?听到你这么说真好。
Dialogue 2
A:I’d like one ticket to see “Blood Monster 2”.
我想要一张“吸血怪兽2”的票。
B:that’s will be 6.50
6.50美元
A: Okay,there you go.
好的,给你
B:and I will need to see some ID
我还要看看能证明你身份的证件
A:ID? What do you mean?
身份证,这是什么意思
B:I’ll need to see some kinds of identification.to show your age.
我需要看看一些可以显示你的年龄的身份证明
A:why? This is just a movie,I’m no buying beer.
为什么?只是一场电影而已,我又不是买啤酒
B:you have to be at least 18 to see this movie. It’s very violent.
你至少得要18岁才能看这场电影,这部电影是相当暴力的
A:that’s not fair.
那不公平
B:that’s the rule.
那是规定
A: I left my driver’s license at home.
我把驾驶证放在家里了
B:then how did you get to the theater?
那你怎么到电影院来的?
A:I walked.
我走来的
B;down the highway? Look,I’m sorry. You can’t get into this movie. Let someone else through.
沿着高速公路走来的?对不起。你不能看这场电影,请让别人过来买票
Dilalogue 3
A;I’m Oliver. You look familiar. but I don’t remember who you are.
我是奥莱佛,你看上去很眼熟,但我想不起你是谁了?
B:you’ve seen me before. Guess who I am.
你之前见过我的了,猜猜我是谁
A:I’m sorry. You look a little young to be here. This is the Cates High School twenty year
reunion.
对不起,你在这里显的有点年轻。这是开次中学二十周年聚会
B:I’m Ira Benki,Oliver.
我是伊拉 本刻丝。奥老佛
A:Ira ,you should be about 38,but you look about 30.
伊拉,你该是38了,但你看起来才大约30
B:I’m 38,no doubt about it.
我是38了,没错
A:but you looks young. How ?
但是你看起来那么年轻,怎么回事?
B:really? I live in Arizona now. that’s why I’m so dark, from the sun.
是吗?我现在住在亚利桑那州。那就是我这么黑的原因。是太阳晒得
A:you must work out or something.
你一定在户外公司。或干些之类的活
B:I’m in the Fire Department.so I get a lot of exercise.
我在消防部工作,所以我能得到很多身体锻炼
A:I guess so. Well , you look good.
我想也是的,你看起来很好
B:also ,I had all that long hair in school which is mostly gone now.
再说, 我在学校一直是长头发,现在已经不留长头发了
A:that’s true.
那倒是真的
B:So .what do you do now?
那你现在干什么呢
A:I work for an insurance company in Boston,so I’m stuck at a at a desk much of the time.
我在波士顿一家保险公司工作,因此我大部分时间是粘在办公桌前
B:tell me about the rest of your life. Let’s get something to eat.
跟我讲讲你的其他生活吧,让我们吃点东西吧
A:sounds good to me.
好主意
Dialogue 4
A:how difficult do you think for class will be this semester.
你觉得这个学期的课程会不会很难?
B:I’ve heard the professor is very strict .she doesn’t give good grade often.
我听过这个教授是非常严谨的,她很少打高分
A:I thought you were the professor.
我原以为你是那教授
B:do I look that old?
我看起来那么老吗
A:I’m sorry.most of us here are in the twenties. You look a little older than that.
对不起,我们在这里的大多是20来岁你看起来不止那个岁数
B:don’t worry about it . I’m 45.my name is Tralleis
没事儿,我45了,我的名字是特雷斯
A:I’m Kristy. Are you going back to college now?
我是克里斯蒂,你现在打算返回大学吗
B:yes. My daughter just left home for college.so,I thought I’d go back to school as well.
是的,我女儿离开家上大学,因此我想我也不防回到校园区
A:that’s nice. What are you majoring in?
真好,你打算修那一科?
B:I don’t know yet. I’m thinking about psychology.
我还不知道,我正在考虑心理学
A:really? Me too. That’s great.
真的?我也是,太棒了
B:it is a little strange being around all these young people.
处在那么多年轻人中,感受有点怪
A:I can imagine .it’ll be a fun year,though
我很明白,但这将会是充满乐趣的一年
B:I hope so. I look forward to it.
我也希望如此,我十分向往
Dialogue 5
A:Is there a problem.officer?
有什么问题吗?长官
B:some neighbors have complained about the noise. :Is this your house?
有的邻居投诉有噪音.是你的房间发出的吗
A:yes, it is . I’m sorry about the noise. Some friends are with me.we’ll be more quiet.
是的,我为那些噪音抱歉,我跟我一些朋友在一起,我们会静一点的
B:good,I just need to know a few things. what’s your name?
很好,我只是要了解一些事情,你叫什么名字
A:Oh,I’m sorry. It’s David Fowler
哦,对不起,我叫大卫 伏勒
B: And how old are you Mr.Fowter?
你的年龄?伏勒先生
A:I’m 24. Why do you ask?
我24,你问这个干什么?
B:I’ll need to see some ID. There are beer cans on you front yard.
我要看看你的身份证明,你的前院有一些啤酒瓶
A: Oh,sure. Here ‘s my driver’s license.
当然可以,这是我的驾驶证
B:thank you. Can you say that everyone in your house is old enough to be drinking.
谢谢,你确信你房子里的每一个人都到了喝酒的年龄了吗
A:yes. Certainly.
当然
B: If I have to come back here and I find out someone underage is drinking ,I have to take you to
jail.
如果我还过来且找出有人不够年龄在喝酒的话,我就要把你抓进监狱
A;I understand. That won’t be problem ,officer.
我明白,没问题,长官
B:Thank you. Good night.
谢谢,晚安
新英语900句第24课情景对话
Dialogue 1
A:did you get the assignment for today’s class?
你知道今天的课堂作业吗?
B:yes. We have to read the next two chapters.
知道,我们要读接下来的两章
A:thanks,I’m Henry ,by the way.
谢谢,我是亨利。顺便说一声
B:I’m Leo. If you don’t mind my asking. Where are you from?
我是利奥。如果你不介意的话,我想问一下你是从哪里来的?
A:I’m from Pittsburgh
我是从匹兹堡来的
B: Oh,I’m from California. Where is your family from?
哦,我来自加利福尼亚,你的家族从哪里来的?
A: ittsburgh. You mean ,where are my ancestors from?
匹兹堡 。你的意思是说哦的祖先是哪里来的?
B:yes.
是的
A:my great-grandfather came here from China.
我的曾祖父从中国来到这里
B:do you speak Chinese?
你说中文的吗?
A:not a bit. do you?
一点有也不会, 你呢?
B: Of course not. I’m not Chinese.
当然不。我也不是中国人
A:neither am I . I just look Chinese.
我也不是,只是看起来像中国人
B:I see. How stupid of me.
我明白了,我真笨
A:no. I hear that question often. I’m completely American,though.
不,我经常被人家那样问。但我完完全全是美国人。
Dialogue 2
A:is this seat taken?
这个位子有人吗?
B:no. Let me move my shirt.
没有,让我拿开我的衬衫
A:you mean “coat”. That ‘s your coat.
你在说 “大衣”,那是你的大衣
B:I’m sorry. My English is not so good.
对不起,我的英语不是很好
A:no problem. Where are you from?
没问题,你是哪里来的?
B:I’m Russian. My name is Ivan.
我是俄罗斯人,我的名字是伊凡
A:my name is Adam. Are you here on vacation?
我的名字是亚当。你是来这儿度假的?
B:yes,I am. It’s very nice.but a little hotter than I expected.
是的,这里很好,只是比我预期中热了一点。
A:really? It’s only going to get hotter this summer.
是吗?这个夏天只会更热
B:at least this train is air-conditioned.
至少这辆火车安装了空调
A:that’s true. My great-grandmother was from Russia..
说的对,我的曾祖母也是从俄罗斯来的
B:she was? Where was she from?
是吗?她来自哪里?
A:I think Moscow. I’m not sure.
我想是莫斯科吧,我不肯定
B:I went to school in Moscow. I studied engineering.
我在莫斯科上过学,我是学工程学的
A:that’s what I’m studying now.
那也是我正在学的
B:good! Then maybe we can learn much on this train ride from each other.
很好,那么也许我们在这趟车上互相能学到很多东西
Dialogue 3
A:I really like this restaurant. It’s one of the best in town.
我真的喜欢这间餐厅,这是城里最好的餐厅之一
B: It’s a Mexican restaurant. I thought you were Cuban.
这是一间墨西哥餐厅,我原以为你是古巴人
A:I am. But my wife is Mexican. I’ve learned much about Mexican food.
我是,但我的妻子是墨西哥人。我知道很多关于墨西哥菜的东西
B: that makes sense. What’s good to eat here?
那有道理,这里有什么好吃的?
A:the burritos are quite good. They’re not too spicy ,either.
墨西哥的面饼卷很不错。而且不会太辣
B:by the way. How long have you been here?
顺便问一下,你到这里多久了?
A:do you mean, in America?
你意思是,到美国?
B:yes. When did you get to this country?
是的,什么时候到这个国家的?
A:I came with my mother when I was eight.
我8岁的时候跟我妈妈来到这里
B:I didn’t mean to pry.
我不是有意要盘问你
A:It’s no problem.I’ve been very happy since we came here.
没事儿,我们来了这里以后生活很愉快
B:that’s good to hear. I guess you must really appreciate this place.
听到你这样说真好。我想你一定是真正喜欢上了这个地方
A:I do .Next month I’ll become an official citizen. My wife is already a citizen.
是的,下个月,我就会成为一名正式的公民了, 我妻子已经是公民了。
B:that’s great.why did you say something earlier?
那太棒了,你怎么不早说?
A:I wanted to make certain first.
我本想先确定一下
B:congratulations. Welcome to being an American.
恭喜,欢迎你成为每个人
Dialogue 4
A: are you finished with that newspaper?
你看我那张报纸了吗?
B:yes. Here you go.
看完了,你看吧
A:thanks. Do you want it back when I’m finished?
谢谢,我看完后你要拿回去吗?
B:no,keep it. By the way. I couldn’t help noticing your accent. Are you Irish?
不用,你留着吧。对了,顺便问一下,你注意到你的口音,你是爱尔兰人吗?
A;no. I’m Scottish. You Americans often get those confused.
不,我是苏格兰人。你们美国人经常给弄混淆
B:you sound very similar to us.
你的话跟我们很相像
A:well,at least you didn’t think I was Australian. I often hear that.
至少你没有想过我是澳大利亚人。我老是听人家那么说
B:I used to have an Australian boyfriend. So I know that accent. I’m Stacy.
我曾经有过一位澳大利亚的男朋友,所以我清楚那口音,我是斯达司。
A:I’m Kim. Pleased to meet you.
我是金,很高兴见到你。
B:why are you in the U.S.?
你怎么会到美国
A:I work for a British company here. But now I’m on vacation.
我在这里为一家英国公司工作。但现在我在休假
B:where are you going ?
你打算去哪里?
A:I’m going out West. I like the outdoors.
我要到西部去,我喜欢户外。
B:that’s nice. I’m from Colorado. It’s very pretty out there.
那挺好,我是科罗拉多来的。那里 的户外景色非常漂亮。
A:yes. I want to see the Rocky mountains. Perhaps you can tell me about them.
是的,我也想去看看落基山脉。也许你可以跟我讲讲它
B:I’d love to.
非常乐意
Dialogue 5
A:how do you like working her so far?
到目前为止你觉得在这里工作怎么样?
B:it’s pretty good. Actually. everyone is very nice.
挺好的,老实说,每一个人都很好
A:you’re from Kenya,right?
你是肯尼亚来的,对吗?
B:no. I ‘m from Nigeria.
不,我是尼日利亚来的
A:I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to offend you.
对不起,我不是有意冒犯你的
B:no,offense taken. I’m used to it.
没什么冒犯,我都习惯了。
A:if you don’t mind. I wanted to ask a favor of you.
如果你不介意的话,我想请你帮个忙。
B:I don’t mind .what do you need?
不介意,你需要什么呢?
A:my wife is black. I mentioned you to her. She wanted to have you come over for dinner. She’s very curious about Africa.
我妻子是黑人,我跟她提到过你,她想请你到我家来吃饭。她对非洲非常好奇。
B:that sounds interesting . I hope I can help her.
请起来挺有趣的,我希望我能帮到她。
A:great! She’d love it. She’s very interesting in where her family came from.
太好了,她会很喜欢的。她很有兴趣知道她的家庭是从哪里来的。
B:well, I don’t know that much about history.
我对历史知道并不多。
A:it doesn’t matter. She’d love to talk to you. How does Sunday night sound to you?
没关系,她会很喜欢跟你说话的。你觉得这个星期天晚上怎么样?
B:that sounds fine. I’ll see you then.
可以,到时见。
新英语900句第25课情景对话
Dialogue 1:
A:what time is it?
现在几点了?
B:It’s about half past 3. Why do you ask?
差不多3点半了。你问这个干什么?
A:I was supposed to meet Megan at three o’clock to study. She’s pretty late.
我本来要3点钟跟梅根见面然后一起学习的。她可真够迟的。
B:I don’t know what to tell you. I’m sure she has a reason.
我不知道跟你说什么好。我保证她有她的理由。
A:I doubt it. This is the third time she’s been late.
我真怀疑,这是她的第3次迟到了。
B:I see. Maybe you should just leave.
我明白了,也许你就先走好了。
A:that would be teach her a lesson.
那会给她一个教训。
B:Thiry minutes is long enough to wait for someone.
等一个人等上30分钟是够长的了。
A:I think you’re right,I’m getting out of here.
我想你是对的,我要走了。
B: do you want to get something to eat instead?
你想去弄点东西吃吗?
A:sure, I didn’t really eat much at lunch, so I’m hungry.
当然, 我午饭不是吃得很多,因此我现在饿了。
B:lest’get out of here and get something to eat.
让我们离开这里去弄点东西吃吧
Dialogue 2:
A:Mr.stevens, sir. Do you have a moment?
史蒂文斯先生,你现在有时间吗?
B: yes,Leroy. What can I do for you?
有啊,勒雷。 我有什么可以帮你的吗?
A:I’ve been having trouble with this math class. I wanted to ask for your help.
我在数学课上有一些困难,我想请求你的帮助
B:I see. Well ,would you like to meet sometime? I have a class right now to go to.
我明白了,我们迟些再找个时间见面怎么样?我现在马上就有课
A:yes, I would like that. What time is good for you?
好的,我没有问题,你什么时间方便呢?
B:I don’t have any classes this afternoon. Can we meet then?
我今天下午没课,我们能见面吗?
A: my class is over 3:30.
我最后一节课3:30结束。
B:do you want to meet about 4?
你想4点左右见面吗?
A:that would be great.
那太好了
B: well, I’ve got to get to class now.
我现在得去上课了。
A: oh, it’s 9:30. I’m going to be late for my history class.
奥,9:30了!我历史课就要迟到了
B:don’t be late. I’ll see you at 4. Leroy.
别迟到,我会在4点钟见你的。
A:I’ll see you then. Mr. Stevens.
到时见,史蒂文斯先生。
Dialogue 3:
A:Hey.Mom! I’m going out for a few hours.
嗨 ,妈妈,我要出去几个小时
B:what time will you be back by?
你什么时间回来?
A:I don’t know. Maybe 10 o’clock.
我不知道,也许10点吧
B:that’s not good enough. You have school tomorrow.
那不太好,你明天还要上学呢
A:Okay,okay. I’ll try to be back by 9.
好的,好的,我会尽量在9点之前回来的
B:what do you mean you’ll “try”?
你说尽量是什么意思?
A:fine. I will be back by 9.
好拉,我会在9点之前回来的
B:that’s better.
那还好一些
A:is that all Mom? I’ll see you later.
就那么多了吧,妈妈,回头见
B:there’s one more thing.
还有一件事
A:yes? what do you need?
什么?你需要什么?
B:we’re out of milk. Could you pick some up on the way back home?
我们没有牛奶了,你能在回来的路上买一些吗
A:sure,no problem.
当然,没问题
B:thank you. I’ll see you tonight by 9 o’clock.
谢谢,我会看你今晚的表现,9点之前
Dialogue 4:
A:what time is it in Japan right now?
现在日本是几点?
B:I’m not sure. Why do you ask?
我不知道,你问这个干什么?
A: we haven’t heard from Michelle for while. Maybe we should give her a call.
我们很长时间没收到米雪儿的来信了。也许我们该给她打个电话。
B:that’s a good idea. Let’s call her.
好注意,让我们打电话给她。
A:first, let’s find out what time it is there. It might be the middle of the night.
首先,让我们知道她那里是什么时候,可能正是半夜。
B:that’s true. She’s not in a good mood if she’s woken up.
对了,如果她被吵醒的话,她会心情不好的。
A:I have it written down here. Let me take a look.
我已经在这里几下来了,让我看看
B: Oh,wait. I remember! It’s eleven hours difference.
奥,等等,我记得了,时差是11个小时。
A:eleven hours forward or back?
比我们早11个小时还是晚11个小时
B:forward. I think.
早吧,我想。
A:that means if it’s 9 in the morning here.
那就意味着如果这里是早上9点钟的话--
B:then it’s 10at night where Michelle is.
那现在米雪儿那里该是晚上10点钟了。
A:that’s not so late. She should still be awake.
那也不是很晚,她应该还没有睡。
A:good. Let’s give her a call.
好的,让我们给她打电话吧。
Dialogue 5:
A: what are you doing on the computer?
你在电脑上干什么?
B:I am looking up train tickets on the internet for our trip Europe.
我在互联网上查我们去欧洲的火车票。
A:how’s it going?
差的怎么样?
B:there’s a lot of information, but I’m not used to 24-hour time.
有很多信息,但我还不适应24小时计时法。
A:what do you mean?
你的意思是?
B:it’s so hard to remember. What is 16:00 o’clock?
很难就得的,16:00是什么意思?
A:that’s 4 p.m.
那是下午4点钟。
B:why do they do it that way?
他们为什么那样做呢?
A: a lot of countries tell time that way. It’s easier than adding a.m. or p.m., like we do.
很多国家都是那样计时法。这样比像我们一样加AM或者PM容易一些。
B:I guess. It’s just hard to keep straight what time these trains leave.
我想是的,只是很难确定这些火车什么什么出发。
A:it’s not that bad. Just subtract 12 from the 24-hour time.
没那么糟糕吧,只是从24小时中减去12而已。
B:it’s still annoying. I shouldn’t complain though. After all ,we’re going to Europe.
这还是很烦人,但我不该抱怨。毕竟我们要去欧洲了。
A:that’s right. I’m really looking forward to it.
说的对,我真的很想去了。
B:let’s just hope that we don’t miss any trains.
我们就希望不要错过任何一班火车就行了。
新英语900句第26课情景对话
Dialogue 1:
A: We need to really study for tomorrow's history test.
我们需要真正来准备一下明天的历史测验了。
B: It's so tough.I can't remember all those dates.
它是那么难,我记不准所有那些日子。
A: Let's test other.We'll make it like a game show.
我们互相提问吧。我们就把它弄成像一个游戏节目一样。
B: Okay.That sounds fun.
好吧,听起来蛮有趣的。
A: First question.When was the Declaration of Independence?
第一个问题:独立宣言什么时候发表?
B: That's easy.July 4th,1776.
那还不容易。1776年7月4日 。
A: Okay.Here's a harder one.When was Peal Harbor attacked?
好的。再来个难一点的。珍珠港什么时候遇袭的?
B: December 7th,Right?
12月7日 ,对吗?
A: What year? Tell me the year.
哪一年?告诉我年份。
B: 1940.
1940年。
A: Wrong! It was 1941.
错了!是1941年。
B: See! It is too difficult.
你看!太难了。
A: You just need to relax.Most of the test isn't about dates anyway.
你就是需要休息一下。不管怎么说,测验中大部分题目都不是关于日子的。
B: Yes,but a lot of it is about dates.
是的,但相当一部份是跟日子有关的。
A: Don't worry.Relax and do the best you can.
别担心,放松一点,做到最好。
B: Easy for you to say.
你说的就容易。
Dialogue 2:
A: Wow! Our boss is really tough.
哇!我们的老板让我们可真够呛的。
B: Why? What happened now?
怎么这么说?现在发生什么事啦?
A: Remember that report on city tax Laws we had to do by December 15th?
还记得12月15日 之前我们要完成的那个关于市税法的报告吗?
B: Of course I remember.We've only got three weeks left to finish it.
当然记得。我们只剩3个星期来完成。
A: Not anymore.
不再是了。
B: Why? Did he caneel it?
什么?他取消了吗?
A: No.He moved the deadline up to December 5th.
不,他把上交限期提前到12月5日 。
B: That's less than two weeks away.We'll never finish it by then!
那不是不到两个星期了吗?我们永远也不可能在那之前完成的!
A: Stay calm.We'll just have to work overtime.
保持镇静。我们将不得不加班了。
B: I guess you're right.That means extra hours in the office.
我想你说的对。那就 意味着在办公室加班了。
A: I think we can do it.What's tomorrow's date?
我想我们能做得到的。明天是在什么日子?
B: Tomorrow is November 25th.
明天是11月25日 。
A: We'll have to really start working faster.
我们真的要开始把事情做快一点了。
B: Yes,we do.I hope we can finish on time.
是的。我希望我们能按时完成。
A: I think we will.At least I hope so.
我想能的。至少我希望能。
Dialogue 3:
A: Ms Fisher do you want your flight booked for the business convention?
费雪女士,你要我为你预定去参加商务会议的机票吗?
B: The one in Denver? Yes,please do that,Cathy.
丹佛那个吗?要的,请帮我订吧,凯硒。
A: What date do you want to leave by?
你想哪一天走呢?
B: Well,the convention starts on the 24th of March,but I wanted some time to see Denver.
大会是从3月24日 开始,但我想多点时间看看丹佛。
A: How about I book a flight for the 22nd?
订22日的机票怎么样?
B: No, I want more time to see Denver.I want to fly out on the 20th.
不,我还要多一点时间看看丹佛。我想20日就出发。
A: You've got a meeting scheduled on the 20th.Do you want to cancel the meeting?
你20日已经安排了一个会议。你想取消那个会议吗?
B: Who's the meeting with?
是跟哪些人开会?
A: It's with the mayor's office.
是市长办公室的人。
B: No.That's too important to cancel.Go ahead and reserve my flight for the 22nd.
那就不要取消了,这个会议太重要。就订22日的航班吧。
A: I'll get right on it.
我会办好的。
B: Thanks,Cathy.
谢谢,凯硒。
Dialogue 4:
A: When does our college have spring vacation this year?
我们学校今年什么时候放春假?
B: Let me look at my calendar.I wrote it down.
让我看看我的日历,我记下来了。
A: We get two weeks off,right?
我们会有2个星期的假期,对吗?
B: I think so.
是的。
A: Did you find it on your calendar yet?
你在你的日历上找到了吗?
B: Yes.Here it is.Our spring break is from April 2nd to April 16th.
是的,就在这儿。我们的春假是从4月2日 到4月16日 。
A: Good.That's exactly two weeks.
好的。那就恰好2个星期。
B: Where are you going?
你打算去哪里?
A: I'll go home for a week,and then go to Florida.
我会回家一个星期,然后去佛罗里达。
B: You're going to the beach?
你要到海滩去吗?
A: Yeah,it's going to be fun.
是的,那一定很好玩。
B: I bet so,but as fun as Mexico.
我想是的,但不会有墨西哥那么好玩。
A: You're going to Mexico?
你要去墨西哥吗?
B: I've saved money all year with my friends.
我跟我的朋友已经攒了一年的钱了。
A: You're so lucky.
你真幸运。
Dialogue 5:
A: Welcome to Corner Bookstore.Can I help you?
欢迎光临转角书店。有什么可以帮忙的吗?
B: Yes,I ordered a book about pottery two weeks ago.Is it in yet?
是的,我两星期前订购了一木关于陶瓷的书。现在有了吗?
A: Let me look on our computer.
让我在电脑上查查。
B: It's written by Susan Potter.
是苏珊伯特写的。
A: When did you place the order?
你是什么时候下订单的?
B: August 11th.
8月11日 。
A: I see.It's been delayed due to shortages.
我知道了,那木书由于缺货要迟些才到。
B: When will it get here?
那这里什么时候才有呢?
A: I think it should be here within 6 weeks.
我想6个星期以内就会有货的。
B: But that's the middle of October.I need this book for a class.
但那已经是十月中旬了。我需要这木书上课。
A: I'm sorry.Would you like to cancel your order?
对不起。你要取消你的订单吗?
B: No,I'll just wait until it gets here.
不,我就等到这里有货为止吧。
A: Okay.Sorry about that.Have a good day.
好的,真抱歉,走好。
新英语900句第27课情景对话
Dialogue1:
A: I’m tired of studying. Let’s go do something fun..
我学得很烦了。我们来点好玩的东西吧。
B: What do you want to do?
你想干什么呢?
A: Let’s go play catch with the football.
我们去踢球吧。
B: You’re right. It’s good weather for football.
说得对。这种天气最好踢球。
A: It’s very crisp and cool. It’s perfect fall weather.
天气非常干爽。典型的秋天天气。
B: fall came pretty late this year.
今年秋天来得相当迟。
A: I know. It’s the middle of October already.
我知道。现在已经是十月中旬了。
B: The leaves are just beginning to change color.
叶子才刚刚开始变色。
A: I get the feeling that It’s going to get cold fast.
我觉得天气会冷得很快的。
B: I agree. Maybe it will snow early.
我同意。也许今年会提早下雪。
A: That would be nice. I like snowball fights.
那很好啊。我喜欢打雪仗。
B: Let’s go play some football.
让我们去踢足球吧。
A: Yeah. Let’s get out of here.
好的。让我们出去吧。
B: I’ve got the ball. Come on
我去拿球。走吧。
Dialogue2:
A: How are things going up on the farm. Ray?
农场的事情怎么样啦,雷?
B: Its’ not bad. But I’m little worried about the frost this year.
还过得去吧。但我有点提心今年会下霜。
A: What makes you say that?
你为什么会那样说?
B: This spring there is supposed to be a cold spell.
今年春天将会有寒流入侵。
A: Oh. Really? That could be bad for your oranges.
哦,真的吗?那对你的橙子来说真是坏消息。
B: I know. I had a bad crop three years for the same reason.
我知道。3年前我也因为同样的原因而有没好的收成。
A: I hope you get better luck this time.
我希望你这次运气会好一些。
B: I hope so too. We’ll have to see what happens.
我也希望如此。我们要看看情况会怎么样。
A: We had a lot of rain this winter. Though.
今年冬天毕竟是挺多雨的。
B: what difference does that make?
那又怎么样?
A: I’ve been told that’s a sign we’ll have a warm summer.
有人告诉我预示着我们会有一个暖和的夏天。
B: I sure hope you’re right.
我当然希望你是对的。
A: That’s what my wife told me. Anyway.
那只是我妻子告诉我的而已。
B: I think I’ve heard that before.
我想我以前也听到过那个说法。
A: Well. Good luck. I’ve got to get to the store.
那么,祝你好运。我得去买东西了。
B: Okay. See you later.
好的。迟些见。
Dialogue3:
A: Do you still want to play tennis today?
你今天还想打网球吗?
B: I’m not sure. It’s pretty hot outside.
我不知道,外面蛮热的。
A: I was noticing that. You want to wait until another time?
我也留意到了。你想等到下一次吗?
B: I think I would. The weatherman said. It was only going to get
hotter today.
我是这样想的。天气预报说今天只会变热。
A: What makes it so bad is that It’s so humid.
真正糟糕的还是那湿气。
B: I know. I’m sweating just sitting here.
我知道。我就是在这里也一直在尚汗。
A: I heard that this was going to be a hot summer.
我听说今年夏天会很热。
B: I can believe it on a day like this. It’s only May.
像今天这样。我会相信你的话。这只是五月而已。
A: Yeah. Imagine what August will be like.
是啊。想像一下八月份会是怎么样的。
B: I guess I’ll running the air conditioner a lot.
我想我会猛开空调。
A: Remember when mine broke last summer?
还记得去年夏天我的空调坏掉的时候吗?
B: That’s right. I almost forgot. Your house was so hot inside after
that happened.
是啊。我差点忘了。空调坏了之后,你的房子里热极了。
A: I got it fixed, but maybe I should buy a new one just to be safe.
我叫人把它修好了。但也许为了安全起见我该买一台新的。
B: That’s a good idea. Instead of tennis. let’s go get an air
conditioner.
那是个好主意。不要打网球了我们去买空调吧。
A: How about we go to that new hardware store. I think they’re
having a sale.
我们去那间新的五金店好不好?我想他们正在大减价。
B: Good idea. I’ll drive.
好主意。我来驾车。
Dialogue4:
A: This is a great summer job. Working in a national park.
这是一份很棒的署期工。在国家公园里工作。
B: Tell me about it. We get to spend. So much time in the woods. It’s
great.
快告诉我。我们可以在森林呆上很长的时间。真棒。
A: I am worried about how hot and dry it is. Though.
只是我担心那里会又热又干。
B: Why’s that? You don’t like the heat?
怎么那么说?你不喜欢热吗?
A: It’s not that. I’m worried about forest fire. This is perfect
weather for them.
不是那个意思。我是担心森林火灾。这种天气最容易发生。
B: Oh. Yeah. That’s a good point. I’d hate for that to happen.
噢,对啊。那有道理。我最不情愿发生那些事情。
A: It’s bad enough that so may capers start illegal fires.
那么多露营者违法生火真是最可恶不过了。
B: This dry weather will only make it worse.
这种干燥天气只会使情况变得更糟。
A: I guess we should make sure all the campers understand the rules
about fires.
我想我们该确保所有的露营者都明白有关火灾的法律。
B: We should also keep our eyes open for any fires that could get out
of control.
我们学要警惕任何可能会失控的火种。
A: A fire in this weather could destroy thousands of acres.
这种天气,一场火可以毁掉数千公顷的树林。
B: Stop thinking about it. That’s bad luck.
别再那样想了。那样会不吉利的。
A: You’re just superstitious. There’s no such thing as bad luck.
你就是迷信。没什么吉利不吉利的。
B: Maybe not. But I still don’t want to think about it.
也许不会吧。但我还是不愿想它。
A: I guess you’re right. Let’s just enjoy the outdoors.
我想你是对的。让我们就享受这户外生活好了。
B: I agrees. But still keep our eyes open for fires.
我同意,但还是要警惕火灾。
Dialogue5:
A: What do you want to do tonight?
你今晚想想干什么?
B: I don’t know. I’m not feeling too good.
我不知道。我觉得不大舒服。
A: What’s wrong? You sound like of sick.
哪儿不对劲呀?你的声音听起来好像病了。
B: I think I’m getting a cold.
我想我快要感冒了。
A: Maybe we should stay in tonight.
也许我们今晚就呆在家里吧。
B: I think I’m sick from that camping trip yesterday.
我想我是因为昨天露营而生病了。
A: That’s right. I heard it rained up in the mountains.
有道理。我听说山上下了雨。
B: It did rain pretty heavily. I forgot to bring an extra pair of
socks.
的确是下了很大的雨。我忘了带多一双袜子。
A: Really? You walked all day in wet socks?
是吗?你穿着湿袜子走了一天。
B: Yeah. Now I’m paying for that decision.
是的。现在我就要为那个决定付出代价了。
A: Just get in bed. I’ll make you some chicken soup
睡一下吧。我给你弄一点鸡汤。.
B: Thanks. That would be nice.
谢谢。那敢情好。
A: Just promise me one thing.
向我保证一件事就行了。
B: Sure. What’s that?
当然可以。什么事?
A: Make sure you pack extra socks next time.
保证下次带多一双袜子。
B: I promise.
我保证。
新英语900句第28课情景对话
Dialogue1:
A: Hey. Heather. Are you busy this afternoon?
嗨,希恩。今天下午你忙吗?
B: I don’t think so. Why?
不忙。有什么事吗?
A: I was having trouble in our biology class.
我在生物课遇到了一点困难。
B: Do you need my help?
你需要我帮忙吗?
A: Yeah. I do.
是的。我需要。
B: did you want to meet this afternoon?
你想我们今天下午碰个面吗?
A: I was hoping we could meet. Is that okay with you?
我正希望我们能碰个面。你方便吗?
B: it’s no problem. What do you need help with?
没问题。你需要哪方面的帮助?
A: The different theories of plant reproduction.
植物繁殖的各种理论。
B: Anything in particular?
有什么特别不懂的吗?
A: No. I just keep getting them mixed up with one another.
没有。我只是老把它们混淆而已。
B: Oh, I see. Well. I took some pretty good. Notes on that subject.
噢。我明白了。我那个科目的笔记都是挺齐全的。
A: Great! i could use the help. Do you want to meet in the library?
太棒了。我可以得到你的帮助。你想在图书馆见面吗?
B: That’s fine. I’ll see you there.
那好。图书馆见。
Dialogue2:
A: What seems to be the trouble?
出啥毛病啦?
B: I think I just had a flat tire.
我想车子爆胎了。
A: You sure did. I wonder what caused it to blow out like that?
肯定是啦。我觉得奇怪。
B: I have no idea. Maybe the tires were just old.
我不知道。也许轮胎太旧了吧。
A: Do you need any help?
有什么需要帮忙的吗?
B: Actually. Do you have tools for changing a tire?
说实话。你有没有换轮胎的工具?
A: Yes. I do. Do you mean a tire iron and a jack?
有的。你是说松轮器和千斤顶吗?
B: Yes. Could you loan them to me?
是的。你能借给我吗?
A: Let me go get them. Wait just one second.
让我去拿来。稍等一会儿。
B: Thanks. I appreciate this very much.
谢谢。非常感激你的帮助。
A: No problem. I’m just glad to be of assistance.
没问题。很高兴能帮上忙。
B: I’m very grateful. I have to be at work and I was worried that I
would be late.
非常感谢您。我得干活了。我还担心我会迟到呢。
A: Don’t worry about that. You’ll be back on the road in no time.
别担心那个了。你的车子马上就会没事的。
Dialogue3:
A: Hey. Sarah. What are you doing this weekend?
嗨,沙拉,这个周末你打算去哪儿?
B: I didn’t have any plans. I was thinking about studying.
我还没什么计划。我正考虑要不要学习呢。
A: Why don’t you come play softball?
你怎么不来打垒球?
B: Where do you play softball?
你们在哪打垒球呢?
A: Some of my friends and I have formed a team. We need another
player.
我跟一些朋友组了一个队。我们还需要一个球员。
B: I don’t know if I should. I’m not very good.
我不知道我要不要去。我打得不是很好。
A: it would really help us out.
你来的话,真的会帮我们大忙的。
B: What position would I play?
我要打哪个位置?
A: You could play wherever you wanted. It doesn’t really matter.
你想打哪个位置都行。那问题不大。
B: Do you practice everyday?
你们每天都练吗?
A: No. We mostly practicse on weekends.
不。我们大都在周末训练。
B: I guess I could come out and play. What day should I come?
我想我能出来玩玩的。我该什么时候来呢?
A: Saturday. 4 o’clock.
星期六,4点钟。
B: I’ll see you there.
到时见。
Dialogue4:
A: I’ve got a real problem.
我遇上难题了。
B: What’s the problem?
什么问题?
A: I’ve got to get a birthday gift for my wife.
我要买一份昨日礼物给我妻子。
B: Oh, that is a problem. What are you going to get here?
哦。那的确是个难题。你要打算买什么给她呢?
A: Do you have any suggestions? I was hopping you could help.
你有什么建议吗?我正希望你能帮忙。
B: Buy her some jewelry.
给她买点珠宝吧。
A: that is too easy, I need to get something more thoughtful.
那太简单了。我得送一些花点心思的。
B: Don’t ask me then. I’m not good at being thoughtful.
那就不要问我了。我不擅长花心思的事情。
A: good point. What did you get your wife for her birthday?
有道理。我妻子生日时你买什么磅给她。
B: I got her a car.
我给她买了一辆车。
A: Really? You bought her a car?
真的吗?你给她买了一辆车?
B: No. I’m joking. I bought her a nice watch.
不。开玩笑而已。我买了一块好看的手表给她。
A: That’s a good idea. But it’s not good enough.
那是一个好主意。但学不够好。
B: Well. Good luck. I hope you find what you’re looking for.
祝你好运。我希望你会找到你要找的东西。
Dialogue5
A: Can I help you?
需要我帮助吗?
B: yes. I’m looking for your history books section.
是的。我正在找你们的历史书区。
A: Are you looking for a particular area of history?
你是在找某个特定区域的历史吗?
B: Actually. Do you have any books on Chinese history?
事实上。你们有什么关于中国历史的书吗?
A: Yes. We do. Follow me, please.
有。请跟我来。
B: I’m glad to hear that. Many bookstores do not have much. About
Chinese history.
听到你那么说我真高兴。很多书店都没什么关于中国历史的书。
A: I’m surprised to hear that. We have many books.
听你这么说我觉得很惊讶,我们有很多那样的书。
B: Do you have any books about Mao Zedong?
你们有关于毛泽东的书吗?
A: Yes. But we should first check. The biography section since he is a
specific person.
有的。但我们首先得查找传记区。因为他是一个特定的人。
B: You’re right. Of course the biography section would be better.
你说得对。传记区当然会好找一些。
A: Here you go. Will this help?
你看看这本书。还可以吗?
B: Yes. This book s looks good.
还可以。这本书看起来挺不错的。
A: Okay. Let me know if you need any more help.
好的。你再有什么需要的话请让我知道。
B: Thanks I will.
谢谢。我会的。
新英语900句第29课情景对话
Dialogue1:
A: Hey, could you help me?
嗨,你能帮我吗?
B: Sure. What do you need?
当然可以。你想要什么?
A: I’m looking for an address. 524 Maryland Avenue.
我正在找一个地址。马里兰大街524号
B: Let me think. Maryland Ave?
让我想一下,马里兰大街?
A: Any ideas?
想到什么了吗?
B: Oh, yeah. I know. It’s about one mile over that way.
噢,是了。我知道了。沿那边走大概一里左右。
A: Do you mean to the northwest?
你是指往西北边走吗?
B: Yes. That’s right. It’s over by the new stadium.
是的。完全正确。就在新运动场那一边。
A: Could you tell me how to get there?
你能告诉我怎么到那儿吗?
B: Sure. You go up Monroe. That’s the street right there.
当然可以。你一直走到满乐路。满乐路就在那。
A: Okay. Got it. For how long should I walk?
我知道了。我要走多久?
B: Maybe 4 blocks. Then you take a right on Fulton.
大概4个街区吧。然后在富尔顿路那儿转右。
A: Okay. I think I understand.
好的。我想我明白了。
B: Then go down Fulton. For maybe half a mile. You’ll see Maryland
Avenue on your jleft.
然后沿富尔顿路一直走。大约走半里路。你就会看到马里兰大街就在左边。
A: That sounds easy enough. Thanks.
那听起来够简单的。谢谢。
B: No problem. Good luck.
没关系。祝你好运。
Dialogue2:
A: Excuse me. You seem lost.
打扰一下,你似乎迷路了。
B: Actually I am a little lost. I thought the art museum was around
here.
事实上我是有点迷路了。我原以为艺术博物馆就在这儿附近。
A: Oh. No. the art museum is on the other side of town.
噢。不是。艺术博物馆在城的另一边。
B: Isn’t this Washington Street?
这不是华盛顿街吗?
A: It’s. but the art museum is on East Washington Street. This is
West Washington
是的。但艺术博物馆是在东华盛顿街。这是西华盛顿街。
B: Oh. That explains it. So I just go back down Washington, right?
哦。怪不得。那么我往回走就行了。是吧?
A: Not really. This street ends at Jefferson Street.
也不完全是。这条街街尾是跟杰弗逊街连在一起的。
B: What do I do there?
我在那又该怎么办呢?
A: Take a left on Jefferson. Go up just one block.
在杰弗逊街转左。再往前走一个街区就是了。
B: Okay. I see that on this map.
好的。我在地图上看到了。
A: Good. After one block on Jefferson.. you’ll see East Washington on
your right.
那就好。沿杰弗逊街走一个街区以后。你就会看到东华盛顿街在你的右边。
B: I guess the Art Museum will be there.
我想艺术博物馆就在那儿。
A: Actually you’ll need to go another half mile down East Washington.
It’s easy to see. Though.
Once you get there.
事实上你还要沿东华盛顿街再走半里路。但一旦你到了那,你很窬久会看到
它的。
B: Thanks. This saves me a lot of trouble.
谢谢。这真给我省了很多麻烦。
Dialogue3:
A: We are so lost. Where is the highway?
我们完全迷路了,高速公路在哪儿?
B: Let me get out the map.
让我把地图拿出来。
A: We’ve been driving up and down this street forever.
我们就一直在这条街上驶来驶去。好像永远都不走出去了。
B: I’m looking on the map right now.
我现在就在查地图了。
A: Try to fine enterstate-97
找找97号州间高速路。
B: I’m trying. I’m trying.
我正在找,我正在找。
A: Do you see anything familiar?
你看到什么熟悉一点的东西吗?
B: Which street are we on?
我们现在在哪条街上?
A: Baker street. We’ve going north on Baker street.
贝克街。我们正在贝克街上朝北走。
B: I’ve found out where we are. you need to turn around and go south.
我找到我们的位置了。你需要掉头往南走
A:Okay. What do I do after that?
好的。然后我又该怎么做呢?
B: Drive until you see Green Street. Then go left.
一直开到你看见格林街为止。然后就转左。
B: And where do I go after I get to Green Street?
我到了格林街以后又该怎么做呢?
A: From there you’ll see exit signs for97. we should be fine.
从那里你就会见到进入97号的标志了。我们会没事的。
Dialogue4:
A: Hey, buddy. Could you help me out?
嗨,老兄,你能解救一下我吗?
B: Maybe. What do you need?
也许吧。你需要我帮什么?
A: There’s supposed to be some famous clam restaurant around here. do
you know anything about it?
这附近好像有一间很著名的专门卖蛤蜊的餐厅。你知道是哪间餐厅吗?
B: let me think. Do you know the name?
让我想想。你知道名字吗?
A: Not really. It’s something like Simmon’s or Sullivan’s
不是非常清楚。好像是叫什么西蒙餐厅还是沙力文餐厅。
B: Oh, yeah. Sullivan’s Clam House. That’s right nearby.
哦。是了。沙利文蛤房。就在这附近。
A: Can you tell me how to get there?
你能告诉我怎么到那里吗?
B: Sure. Just go tow blocks up Cooper Street.
当然可以。就沿库波街直走两个街区。
A: That’s this street, right?
那就是条街,是吗?
B: Right. You’ll get to the dock area. Then go to your right just a
few yards.
是啊。你要走到码头那边。再转右走几在码就到了。
A: I think I’ve got it.
我想我明白了。
B: You should see it then. It’s got a large sign out front.
你会一眼看到的。它前面有个大招牌。
A: Thanks a lot. This makes my evening a lot easier.
感激不尽。我今晚就省了很多麻烦了。
B: good luck and good eating.
祝你好运,并且吃顿好的。
Dialogue5:
A: Excuse me. Do you work here?
打扰一下,你在这工作吗?
B: Yes. Can I help you?
是的。我可以帮你吗?
A: I’m looking for the baggage claim area.
我正在找行李领取处。
B: well. You need to go down to the first level.
你得下去一楼。
A: I thought I was on the first level.
我想我就是在一楼。
B: No. That is the second level. Go down to the first level. The
stairs are over there.
不。这里是二楼。下去一楼吧。楼梯就在那边。
A: Okay. I see.
好的。我明白了。
B: good. On the first level. You’ll see sings for the baggage claim
area.
那就好。在一楼你就会看到行李领取处的标牌了。
A: Where is that area?
是哪一边?
B: It’s on the far end of the first area.
就在一区那边的尽头。
A: past the information desk?
要经过咨询台吗?
B: Yes. Go past the information desk.
是的。经过咨询台。
A: Thanks. I’ll give that a try.
谢谢。我试试看
新英语900句第30课情景对话
Dialogue1:
A: I hate driving to work this way.
我讨厌经这条路驾车上班。
B: Do you mean on South Street?
你是说南街吗?
A: Yeah. It’s the shortest route. But the road is in such bad
condition.
是啊。这是最短的路线。但这路面状况实在太差了。
B: I have notieced a lot of bumps in the road.
我留意到路面上有很多起伏。
A: How can you not notice?
你怎能留意不到呢?
B: I think it’s easy for me to ignore since I’m the passenger.
我想对于我来说,要忽略它很容易。因为我是乘客。
A: Well. I’m sick of it. They never do any repairs here.
我对这真是忍无可忍了。他们从来没有维修过这里。
B: Yes. But if they did road work. They would cause traffic delays.
是啊。但如意他们修路的话。会造成交通堵塞的。
A: Sure. But it would only be for a short time.
当然会。但那只会持续很短的时间而已。
B: You’d still complain.
你还是会抱怨的。
A: No. I wouldn’t. this is worse because it damages my car.
不。我不会的。这样子更糟糕。因为我的车会被弄坏。
B: That is true. Maybe we should go a different way to work.
那是真的。也许我们该走一条不同的路去上班。
A: I’m starting to agree.
我开始同意你的意见了。
B: Well. Let’s detour here to King Street.
那让我们从这里折往国王街吧。
A: It might make us late. But I’ll give it a try.
那会让我们迟到的,但我尽量试试。
Dialogue2:
A: I’m tired of studying. I’m going home
我学得累了。我要回家了。.
B: What are you going to do now?
那你现在打算干什么时候呢?
A: I’m going to watch the boxing match on TV tonight.
我打算今晚看电视转播的拳击比赛。
B: That’s horrible.
那很恐怖。
A: Why do you say that? What are you talking about?
你怎么会那样说呢?你在讲什么?
B: I’m talking about boxing. It should be banned.
我是说拳击。它应该被告禁止。
A: What? Why?
什么?为什么?
B: It’s not real sport, It’s just fighting to entertain people. It’
s so uncivilized.
它不是真正的运动。它只是通过打架来娱乐大众。那太不文明了。
A: I disagree. It teaches people about courage and determination.
我不同意。它教给人们和勇气和坚毅。
B: That’s nonsense. You watch just to see two men beat each other up.
废话。你就是两个人互相殴打。
A: No one foreed them to fight each other.
没有人强迫他们互相殴打的。
B: Really? Then how come it’s mostly poor people who box? They don’t
have any other choice.
真的吗?那为什么总是穷人去打拳呢?他们别无选择。
A: Maybe you’re completely right. But I’m still going home to watch
the fight.
也许你是完全对的。但我还是要回家看比赛。
B: You should be ashamed.
你应该感到惭愧。
A: I’m. see you later.
我的确感到了。再见。
Dialogue3:
A: I’m not happy with our new boss.
我不喜欢我们的新老板。
B: Why not?
为什么不呢?
A: He doesn’t do anything. He just tells everyone else what to do.
他什么都不做。只是指点别人做这做那。
B: He’s the boss. Isn’t his job to tell otoher people what to do?
他是老板。难道叫其他人干活不就是他的工作吗?
A: No. His job is to direct other people. Not have them do his work
for him.
不。他的工作是指挥别人。而不是让别人帮他做他的工作。
B: What do you mean?
你的意思是什么?
A: I mean that the even has other people go to meetings for him. While
he goes home early.
我意思是说他甚至要其他人去帮他开会。而他就早早回家了。
B: He doesn’t even go to his own meeting?
他甚至连自己的会议都不去?
A: No. he just comes in for the morning. After giving out a list of
what he wants done. He goes home by lunchtime.
不。他只是早上来一下。列出他要做的事情以后。午饭之前就回家了。
B: That’s tellrible. How long has he been your boss?
那真糟糕。他当了你老板多久啦?
A: about a month. But not for much longer.
大约一个月吧。但不会很久了。
B: Why do you say that?
你怎么这么说?
A: I’m going to see what I can do to get him replaced by the company.
我要看看我能做些什么来让他被公司赶走。
B: Good luck. I hope you’re successful.
祝你好运。我希望你会成功。
Dialogue4:
A: I don’t think schools are as good as they used to be.
我觉得学校不比当年了。
B: Why do you say that?
你怎么那么说?
A: Have you read the newspapers lately?
你最近读报纸了吗?
B: I haven’t read anything about the schools.
我没读到过任何有关学校的事。
A: Math test scores are lower than ever.
数学考试的分数比任何时候都要低。
B: Do you think that’s the fault of the schools?
你认为那是学校的过错吗?
A: I can’t imagine any other reason.
我想不出其它理由了。
B: That’s true. I wonder why schools are getting worse. Though.
那是事实。只是我想知道学校为什么会越来越差。
A: In my opinion. It’s getting more difficult to find good teachers.
在我看来,要找到好的老师越来越难了。
B: Well. They certainly don’t pay them enough.
老师的工资显然偏低
A: I agree. Besides. I don’t think they get enough respect.
我同意,而且,我认为他们没有得到足够的尊重。
B: Whem my son gets old enough. I may send him to a private school.
当儿子够够读书年龄以后。我可能会送他去私立学习。
A: I agree. I think I’ll do the same.
我同意,我想我也会这样做。
Dialogue5:
A: I think the mayor is doing a good job this year.
我想今年市长干得很不错。
B: That’s change from your old opinion.
你以前可不是那样想的。
A: I know. But he’s surprised me with how well he is doing.
我知道。但他的杰出表现真是出乎我意料之外。
B: What makes you say that?
你怎么会那么说?
A: He’s doing a really good job with city services for example
比如说,他在市政服务方面的确做得很好。
B: Like what?
例如说呢?
A: He’s cut back on unneeded spending. While hiring more police
officers.
他缩减了不必要的开支。同时又雇了更多的警察。
B: He hasn’t done such a good job. With the roads. Though.
但他在道路问题上没多大建设。
A: I’ll admit that the roads still need work. But no one is perfect.
我承认道路仍需要改善,但人无完人嘛。
B: You can say that because you take the bus to get to work. I have to
drive.
你能那么说因为你是乘公车上班的。我是要自己开车的。
A: That’s true. But maybe you should take the bus as well.
那倒是真的。但也许你不妨也乘公车好了。
B: What else do you think he’s doing better?
你认为他还有其他哪些方面是有进步的?
A: He’s gotten rid of a lot of corruption in the govemment.
他在政府内部大大打击了腐败现象。
B: I have to agree with that. You would not have said such good things
about the mayor before.
我不得不同意你所说的。以前你是不会说那么多市长的好话的。
A: I know. But my opinion’s changed. I hope he keeps doing such a
good job.
我知道。但我的意见已经改变了。我希望他继续做得那么好。
B: If he does. Then maybe I’ll share your opinion of the mayor.
如果他做得到的话。那么我也许就会同意你对市长的评价价了
新英语900句第31课情景对话
Dialogue1:
A: Thank you for calling Joe’s Pizza. How may I help you.
谢谢你打电话来乔氏比萨饼店。要点什么?
B: Yes. Can I place an order for delivery?
是的。我能叫一个外卖吗?
A: Yes. You may. Go right ahead.
是的,可以,请说。
B: I’d like two medium pizzas. Both with olives and ham.
我想要两个中份的比萨饼。两个都要橄榄菜和火腿。
A: Is that all?
就这么多?
B: I’d also like a 2 liter bottle of Coke.
我还想要一瓶两升装的可乐。
A: Would you like any bread sticks?
你想要一些面包棒吗?
B: Sure. That’ll be fine.
好的。
A: Your total comes to S17.80. can I have your address?
总数是17.8美元。你能告诉我你的地址吗?
B: 1480 Poplar Drive. How long will it take?
波波拉道1480号。要多久才能送到呢?
A: It should be there within 45 minutes.
45分钟内应该会到。
B: Thanks.
谢谢。
A: Thank you for calling Joe’s. good night.
谢谢你的来电。晚安。
Dialogue2:
A: hello.
喂?
B: yes. Is that Ivy? This is Professor Smith.
喂,是艾维吗?我是史密斯教授。
A: Oh, hi, Professor. This is a surprise.
噢。教授你好。真意外。
B: I just called to see if you wanted to come over for dinner this
Saturday night.
我只是打电话来看看你这个星期六晚上想不想过来吃饭。
A: Really? I’d love to. What’s the reason?
真的吗?非常乐意。是为了什么而吃饭呢?
B: I’m just having a few students over for dinner. Since it’s the
end of the year.
我只是想叫几个学生过来顿饭。因为这已是学期末了。
A: What a great idea. It’s just to celebrate the end of the school
year?
这个主意太棒了。只是要庆祝学年结束吗?
B: Yes. I do this every year for some of my students.
是的。我每年都要请一些学生吃饭。
A: Great. Should I bring anything?
太好了。我要带点什么东西过去吗?
B: NO. just bring yourself.
不必。只是带你自己来。
A: Okay. What time should I be there?
好的。我要在什么时候到?
B: Come here around 7 o’clock.. Do you know how to get here?
大约7点钟到这儿吧。你知道怎么来这儿吗?
A: I think so. It’s just north of the school, right?
我知道,就在学校的北面。对吗?
B: Yes. That’s right. I’ll see you then.
是的。完全正确。到时见。
Dialogue3:
A: Hello?
喂?
B: Jane? This is Dad.
简吗?这是爸爸。
A: Oh, hi. Dad. What are you doing?
噢,你好。爸爸。你正在做什么?
B: I just thought I’d call to see how you’re doing?
我正想着要打个电话给你,看看你怎么样了。
A: I’m doing okay. But I can’t talk long right now.
我还好。但我现在不能跟你长期谈。
B: I’m sorry. Is this not a good time?
对不起,现在不方便吗?
A: I’m just about to go out with some friends to dinner.
我正要跟一些朋友出去吃饭。
B: It’s good hear you’re making friends.
听到你在交朋友我很高兴。
A: I know. I’m really happy here.
我知道。我在这里真的很开心。
B: When is it a good time to call back?
我什么时候方便再打过去。
A: just call me about this time tomorrow. I should be here.
明天这个时候打给我吧。我应该会在这儿。
B: okay. I will do that. Have fun tonight.
好的。我会的。今晚玩得开心。
A: I will. It was good to hear from you
我会的。接到你的电话真好。
B: Okay. I’ll call you tomorrow. I love you.
好的。我明天打电话给你。我爱你。
A: Love you too. Dad. Bye.
我也爱你,爸爸。再见。
B: Bye
再见。
Dialogue4:
A: Hello?
喂?
B: Yes. Are you the guy selling his car?
喂。你是那个要卖车的人吗?
A: Yeah. I’m. My name’s Edmund.
是的。我是。我的名字是埃德蒙。
B: My name’s Alfred. I saw your advertisement in the paper.
我的名字是阿尔费雷德。我在报纸上看到你的广告。
A: Oh, right. So you want to buy the car?
哦。对了。那你是想买的车吗?
B: Well. I’d like to take a look at it. It’s a 1978 Corvette. Right
我是想看爬坡 ,是一辆1978年的雪佛莱。对吗?
A: That’s right. It’s in good shape. I just put new brakes on it.
是的。车子还很好。我刚刚给它换了新刹车。
B: How much are you asking for it?
你要卖多少钱?
A: I was looking for S18,000. but we can talk about that.
我要价18,000美元,但我们还可以商量。
B: Okay. Do you mind if I come over and take a look?
好的。你介意我过来看看吗?
A: Sure. No problem. What time is good for you?
当然没问题。你什么时候方便呢?
B: Tomorrow evening. Is that good for you?
明天晚上。你方便吗?
A: I should be back from work by 6. Do you know where King Street is?
我6点钟之前会下班回来。你知道国王街在哪吗?
B: yeah. It’s right behind the stadium.
知道。 就在体育馆的后面。
A: That’s right. Just to the end of the street. Last house on your
left.
对了。就一直走到那条街的尽头。左手边最后一间房子就是了。
B: Great. I’ll see you then.
太好了。到时见。
Dialogue5:
A: This is 911 emergency. How may I help you?
这是911紧急电话。有什么可以帮你吗?
B: Yeah. There’s been a car accident just outside my house.
是的。就在我家外面发生了一宗交通事故。
A: Can you tell me where you are located?
你能告诉我你现在的位置吗?
B: I live at 1411 Tree Avenue. A car just turned over.
我住在特力大街1411号。一辆车刚刚翻了。
A: Can you tell me what happened?
你能告诉我发生什么事了吗?
B: Yeah. This car comes around the turn too fast. Doesn’t stop in
time . hits a street sign. And them flips over.
可以的。这辆车来到这拐弯处时开得太快。没能及时刹车。撞到了一个路标
。然后就翻了。
A: Are there any other cars involved?
还有其它车出事吗?
B: No. just this one.
没有。就这一辆。
A: Has anyone come out of the car?
有没有人从车子里通外国爬出来?
B: No. no one’s come out.. I can’t see inside the car. should I go
check?
没有。没有人爬出来。我看不到车子里面。我要去看看吗?
A: No. stay where you are. Help will be there shortly. Can I have your
name?
不要。就呆在你所在的地方。救援人员很快就会到的。你能告诉我你的名字
吗?
B: Yeah. It’s Ben Sullivan.
可以。本。苏力文。
A: Thank you. Mr. Sullivan. Just wait until an officer arrives.
谢谢你。苏力文先生。请等待警官到达现场。
新英语900句第32课情景对话
Dialogue1:
A: Can I help you?
我能帮你忙吗?
B: Yes. Is this Doctor Fred’s office?
好的。这是佛瑞德医生的办公室吗?
A: It is. Is there something I can help you with?
是的。有什么事我可帮忙吗
B: yes. I need to make an appointment.
有。我想要做个预约。
A: Well. Let me see when the doctor is available.
好的。让我看看佛瑞德医生什么时候有空。
B: This is just a routine cheek-up. It’s not urgent.
我只是想做个例行检查。并不紧急。
A: How about sometime next week?
下星期某个时间行吗?
B: That should be fine.
可以。
A: I’ve got an opening on Wednesday and Thursday. Both in the
afternoon.
我们星期三和星期四有空闲。都是下午。
B: Thursday should be good.
那就星期四好了。
A: Okay. I’ll set it up.
好吧。就这样定了。
B: I have one more question
我还有个问题。.
A: Yes?
请问是什么?
B: Do I need to bring any medical records?
我需要将病历带来吗?
A: That might be helpful.
那可能有帮助。
B: Alright. I’ll be here next week.
好吧。我下星期来。
Dialogue2:
A: Hello. Can I help you?
你好。我能为您做点什么吗?
B: Yes. I wanted to get a quick trim
是的。我想快点理个发。.
A: I’m sorry. We’re full today. Would you like to come back another
time?
对为不起。我们今天客满了。你愿意换一个时间再来吗?
B: That would be nice.
好的。
A: I recommend that you make an appointment.
我建议做个预约。
B: What days do you have available?
你们哪些天有空闲时间?
A: Would you like to come in tomorrow?
你愿意明天来吗?
B: Yes. I would like that very much.
是的。我很乐意。
A: We have two times open 2:30 and 4:30 in the afternoon.
我们有两个空闲的时间段。下午的二点三十分和四点三十分。
B: I’d prefer the 4:30 time.
我选四点三十分。
A: Okay. I’ll write that down here. Try to come a little early.
好的。我把这记下来。尽量早点来。
B: Is there anything else I need to know?
有什么别的事情我需要知道吗?
A: Yes. Here is your appointment card. Bring that with you when you
come in.
是的。这是你的预约卡。你来的时候要带着这张卡。
B: Great. I guess I’ll see you tomorrow.
好极了。明天再见。
A: See you then. Have a nice day. Bye bye.
到时见。祝你有愉快的一天。再见。
Dialogue3:
A: Hi there. What can I do for you?
你好。有什么需要我帮忙吗?
B: Yes. I just need a tune-up on my car and maybe a new battery.
是的。我的车需要调校一下。也有可能要换新电池。
A: What kind of car is it?
是部什么类型的车?
B: It’s a 1998 Volkswagen Jetta.
它是1998年出的大众捷达。
A: How long have you had a battery in it?
车里的电池已经用了多久了?
B: I’ve had the current battery for about 3 years.
现在这个电池已经用了三年了。
A: Yes. It’s time to get a new battery.
对。是时候要换个新电池了。
B: Alright then. Can I get that done here?
那么好吧。在这里可以换吗?
A: Yes. But we’re full today. You’ll have to come back another time.
可以。但我们今天没空。你是换一个时间再来。
B: Okay. Can I make an appointment for tomorrow?
好吧。我可以做个预约明天来吗?
A: Sure. What time do you want to come in?
当然可以。你想什么时候来?
B: Anytime in the afternoon would be fine.
下午任何时间都可以。
A: How about three o’clock?
三点钟怎么样?
B: That would be great. I’ll see you then.
那太好了。到时见。
Dialogue4:
A: Hello. Mr. Taylor. Can I ask you a favor?
你好泰勒先生。你能帮我一个忙吗?
B: Sure. Ken. What do you need?
当然可以。肯恩。你有什么需要?
A: I had some questions about our class? There are some things that I
am having trouble with.
我有一些关于我们班的问题。有一些事情我感到不大顺心。
B: Like what, for example?
例如是什么样的事呢?
A: It’s kind of complicated. I wanted to set up a time to meet with
you.
事情有点复杂。我想定个时间跟你会面。
B: I see. When would you like to meet?
我明白了。你想什么时候见面?
A: Any afternoon this week.
这个星期随便一个下午都行。
B: I’m teaching most afternoons. How about Friday?
大多数下午我都有课。星期五怎么样?
A: Friday afternoon is good for me.
我星期五下午没问题。
B: Well then. Shall we meet at four o’clock?
那么好吧。我们四点钟见面好吗?
A: Yes. That sounds good. Where shall we meet?
好。那听起来挺好的。我们在哪儿见面呢?
B: Just in the student center.
就在学生中心吧。
A: Okay. I’ll see you then.
好的。到时见。
B: I’ll see you then. Ken.
到时见。肯恩。
Dialogue5:
A: Hello. Is this Doctor Cooper’s office?
你好,这里库珀医生的办公室吗?
B: Yes. It is. What can I do for you?
是的。我能帮你什么忙吗?
A: My dog needs some shots.
我的狗需要打针。
B: We can do that here. what kind of dog do you have?
我们这里都可以打。你的狗属于哪一种呢?
A: He’s a German Shepherd. He’s about a year old.
是一条德国牧羊犬。大约有一岁大。
B: What day would you like to come in?
你想哪一天来?
A: sometime early next would be best for me.
下个星期初我最方便。
B: How about next Tuesday morning?
下个星期二早上怎么样?
A: That would be fine.
没问题。
B: I’ll just need some information. Fill out this form please.
我需要一些资料。请把这张表填好。
A: Do you have a pen?
你有笔吗?
B: There’s one on the desk. Have you been here before?
桌上有一支。你以前来过这里吗?
A: No. a friend recommended this place to me.
没有。是一个朋友向我推荐这个地方。
B: In that case. You may want to sign up for our new customer plan.
这样的话。你也许会想报名参加我们的新顾客计划。
A: Yes. I see that on the form here. I think I will sign up for that
plan.
是的。我在这张表里看到了。我想我会参加那个计划的。
B: Just let me know when you’ve finished.
你填好了表请告诉我。
新英语900句第33课情景对话
Dialogue1:
A: Where are you going?
你要到哪儿去?
B: I’m going to the store. I need to buy some new razor blades.
我要到商店去。我需要买些新的剃须刀片。
A: At this hour? It’s almost midnight.
在这个时候?差不多半夜了。
B: I know. But I have a job interview tomorrow. I’m out of sharp
razors.
我知道。但我明天要去面试一份工作。我没有锋利的刀片了。
A: I guess you don’t want to make a bad impression with a bad shave.
我猜你是不想因为胡须理得不好而给人留下坏印象。
B: Exactly. To be honest. I hate shaving every day.
完全正确。老实说。我讨厌每天刮胡子。
A: I can’t sympathize. I don’t have to shave every day.
我帮不了你。我不需要每天刮胡子。
B: Some guys don’t. they’re lucky. I have to. Or I start to look
like a bear.
有些人就是不用。他们是幸运的。我就必须得刮。不然我看起来会像一只熊
一样。
A: Maybe you should let yourself look like a bear.
也许你就该让你自己看起来像一只熊。
B: Very funny. What kind of job or girlfriend. Would I get then?
你说的好笑。那我还会有什么工作,或女朋友呢?
A: That’s true. But then you wouldn’t have to shave every day.
那倒是真的。但你就不用每天刮胡子了。
B: Some things are worth the trouble.
有些事情是值得这些麻烦的。
A: As long as you’re happy. I’m happy. Anyway. You’d better go
before the store closes
只要你高兴。我就高兴了。不管怎么说。你最好快点走。免得商店关门了。
B: Right. I’ll be back in a little bit.
对。我很快回来。
Dialogue2:
A: Look at the time . It’s five minutes past nine.
看看是什么时间?现在是9:05了。
B: I guess I’m late for work again.
我想我又迟到了。
A: I hate to ask. But why are you late so often?
我真不想问。但你怎么老是迟到呢?
B: If you must know. Its because I usually take too long eating
breakfast.
如果你一定要知道的话。我告诉你。是因为我吃早餐吃的太久了。
A: Really? I almost never eat breakfast especially during the week.
是吗?我几乎从不吃早餐。尤其是周日期间。
B: I don’t see how you do that. I have to eat breakfast every day.
我不明白你怎么办得到的。我每天都得吃早餐。
A: Why? Is it a habit for you?
为什么?是你的习惯吗?
B: No. if I don’t eat breakfast. Then I don’t have enough energy
during the day.
不是。如果我不吃早餐的话,我整天都会精力不足。
A: I guess I’m lucky that I don’t have that problem.
我想我很幸运没有那个问题。
B: Yes . you do. Do you notice how tired you get later in the morning?
你有的。你留意到早上过一段时间以后你是多久疲倦吗?
A: That’s when I drink coffee to wake me up.
那就是我需要喝咖啡提神的时候了。
B: That works. But it’s artificial. You’re not really getting any
real energy.
那是可行。但只是人为的而已。你实际上并没有得到任何能量补充。
A: Maybe. But I’m not late for work, either.
也许吧。但我不会上班迟到。
B: Work is not the most important part of life.
工作不是人生最重要的部分。
A: It is for me. Let’s just say that breakfast is a daily habit for
you and coffee is a daily habit for me.
对我而言是的。让我们这么说吧,早餐是你的日常习惯。而咖啡是我的日常
习惯。
B: Breakfast is not a habit. It’s a healthy way to live.
早餐不是一个习惯。而是一种健康的生活方式。
A: I’d love to talk about this more. But I’ve got to get back to
work. We can talk more over coffee later.
我乐意就这个话题再多说一些,只是我得回去工作了。我们可以待会儿边喝
咖啡边谈。
Dialogue3:
A: Did you check your e-mail today?
你今天查过电邮了吗?
B: No. I didn’t have time. why?
没有。我没时间。有什么事吗?
A: Our friend Steve just got a new job in Chicago.
我们的朋友斯蒂夫刚刚在芝加哥找到一份新工作。
B: That’s great. By the way. Do you check your e-mail every day?
那太好了。顺便问一下,你每天都查电邮的吗?
A; Every morning and night. It’s a habit. I like to stay informed.
每天早晚。习惯了。我喜欢保持消息灵通。
B: What are you afraid of missing? I doubt your life is that exciting.
你担心错过什么呢?我真怀疑你的生活有没有那么刺激。
A: Very funny. If I’m already on the internet. Why not take an extra
minute to look for new e-mail.
你这么说真好笑。如果我已经上网了。干吗不多用几分钟看看有没有新邮件
呢?
B: I don’t。 because half of my e-mail is just advertisements. It’s
garbage.
我不会。因为我的邮件中一半都是广告而已。简直就是垃圾。
A: Mine too. But I still like to know what’s going on.
我的也是。但我还是想知道正在发生什么事。
B: Well. Then I can count on you to tell me what’s happening with our
friends.
那我就指望你告诉我关于我们的朋友的事情啦。
A: Don’t worry. I won’t let you down on that job.
别担心。那项工作,我不会令你失望的。
B: I know. That’s what I think is so funny.
我知道。那就是我觉得好笑的地方。
Dialogue4:
A: I thought I saw you out running this morning.
我想我今天早上看到你在外面跑步。
B: You probably did. I was out jogging
你可能真的看到。我出去慢跑了。
A: That’s good. Do you go every morning?
那很好。你每天早上都跑吗?
B: I try to. Unless the weather’s bad or I’m not feeling well.
我尽量做到。除非天气不好或者我身体不适。
A: Really? I never feel well. If that means jogging at sunrise.
真的吗?如果有一天早起来慢跑才算是身体好的话,我的身体就从来没好过
B: Does that mean you don’t enjoy running?
你的意思是说你不喜欢跑步吗?
A: It certainly does. Especially so early.
当然。尤其是那么早。
B: I understand that. It’s hard to get out of bed in the morning a
lot of times.
我明白。要天天早上从被窝里起来是很难的。
A: Then why you do it?
那你为什么这样做呢?
B: It’s become a habit. I don’t feel awake in the morning unless I
go running first.
已成习惯了。如果我不先跑跑步的话,我上午会感到没精神的。
A: I guess I could see how that might be true. But I rather get a big
more sleep.
我想我能明白当中的道理。但我情愿多睡一会。
B: I have to get up out of bed and start to get dressed before I can
think about it.
我要在我考虑志不起床之前就要必须起床穿衣了。
A: The alarm goes off and you get up immediately.
闹钟一响,你就马上起床。
B: Yes. Immediately. Otherwise. I’ll realize how tired I feel and
just fall back asleep.
是的。马上。不然,我就会意识到我是多么疲倦。然后又倒下去睡了。
A: What about when it’s cold in the morning?
当早上很冷的时候呢?
B: Like any other activity. I just wear warmer clothes.
就像任何其他活动一样。我穿上御寒的衣服就是了。
A; I guess that makes sense.
我相信那有道理。
B: Maybe you should come with me sometime.
也许你应该找个时候跟我一起出去。
A: Maybe not. You have fun. I’ll sleep late.
也许不要了吧。你找你的乐子,我睡我的懒觉。
Dialogue5:
A: What are you doing now?
你正在干什么?
B: I’m going home to water my plants.
我正要回家去给我的植物浇水。
A: Do you have to do that every day?
你每天都要做这件事吗?
B: Of course. Don’t you need water every day?
当然。难道你不是每天都需要水吗?
A: I hadn’t thought of it like that. Do you have to do anything else
to take care of them?
我没想过种花要那样的。你还要做什么别的事情来照料它们吗?
B: Not really, I just have to give them plenty of sunlight and some
plant food.
实际上没什么。我只须要给它们足够的阳光和一些养料。
A: That’s not too much work.. but isn’t it hard to do it every day?
那也不是太多活。但要天天如此也不容易。不是吗?
B: Sometimes it’s not convenient. But it’s easier than taking care
of a child.
有时候有点麻烦。但总比照顾一个小孩容易。
A: What does that I have to do with the subject?
那跟带小孩有什么关系?
B: One day I want a child. If I can’t take care of a plant. How can I
take care of a child.
有一天我会想要一个小孩的。如果我连一株植物都照顾不好,我怎么能照顾
好一个孩子呢?
A: So. The plant is just practice for raising a child?
那么说,养花是养孩子的练习啦?
B: No. not really. It’s just something I tell myself in order to be
responsible.
不完全是。我只是为了让自己有责任心才这样告诫自己的。
A: Oh. I see. Well. I’d better not keep you from your plants.
哦。我明白了。那么我还是不要妨碍你去照料的花草了。
B: You can come with me and see what I have to do.
你可以跟我来看看我要做些什么。
A: Okay. This could be fun. Maybe I’ll learn something too.
好的。这定会很有趣。可能我还会学到一点东西。
B: Maybe so. Let’s go.
也许吧。我们走。
新英语900句第34课情景对话
Dialogue1:
A: It’s really cold out today.
外面真够冷的。
B: I know. It kind of reminds me of that trip we took with Mom and
Dad to Canada.
我知道,这个天气让我想起我们跟爸爸妈妈一起去加拿来大那次旅程。
A: you mean we were talk about when we were very young?
你是指我们很小的时候的那一次吗?
B: yes. Yes you may have you been too young to remember.
是的。你可能太小,记不起了。
A: No. I remember the trip. I don’t remember how cold it was though.
不。我记那那次旅程。只是我不记得有多冷了。
B: That because Mom has you wrapped up very warm. It was cold though.
那是因为妈妈把你包得暖烘烘的。但天气的确是很冷。
A: I guess so. I wonder why she didn’t keeps you was warm? Maybe she
is not loves you very much.
我想也是的。我想知道她怎么不把你也包得像我一样暖和。可能她没那么爱
你。
B: you are not funny. Any way. I wanted to play in the snow.
你这么说一点都不好笑。不管怎么说,我那时就是想在雪里玩。
A: we don’t have much snow here in Florida
我们在佛罗里达这里不会有很多雪。
B: that is why on those days unusually cold It remind me that trip.
那就是为什么像这样冷得不同寻常的时候我想起那次旅程。
A: where exactly did we to go Canada?
我们确切地说是到了加拿大的哪里?
B: we went to Toronto and New Found land. we stayed in a cabin out there
我们去了多伦多和纽芬。我们住在效外的一间旧木屋里。
A: That’s right. I remember the
cabin
说得对。我记得那间木屋。
B: It was very nice maybe I should take my family on a vacation like that.
那次旅程真好。也许我该带我家人像那样度一次假。
A: your kids might enjoy it