美术作品著作转让:【英语习语】Let the cat out of the bag
来源：百度文库 编辑：偶看新闻 时间：2021/09/22 20:13:12
【英语习语】 Let the cat out of the bag
这个习语有一典故。在中世纪，英国市场上有乳猪出售，由于乳猪会乱动，商人为了运送方便就把猪塞进一个帆布口袋里递给顾客。然而，有一些不法商人趁顾客不注意，把猫冒充乳猪放进袋子里。直到顾客回家 “把猫从袋子里拿出来（let the cat out of the bag）”， 才发现原来是个骗局。
Let the cat out of the bag 从字面意思“让猫从袋中走了出来”， 引申出“走漏了风声”、“说走了嘴”、“泄漏秘密’”、“真相大白”等意思。
1) We’d planned a surprise party for Donna, but some guy she works with let the cat out of the bag, so now she knows.
2) Don't forget that this is a secret, so whatever you do, don’t let the cat out of the bag.
3) Bob didn't want anyone to know he was sick, but his wife let the cat out of the bag.
4) We were going to keep our plans to get married a family secret, but my mother let the cat out of the bag.
1） Their engagement was to be a secret but the ring on her finger let the cat out of the bag.
他们俩订婚原本想保密的，可是她手指上的戒指却把这个秘密泄露出来了。2） I bought a nice wrist watch as a surprise for my wife's birthday. But I'm afraid I let the cat out of the bag — I hid it under my socks and she found it when she
was putting my clean clothes away. 我给我太太买了一只很好的手表作为生日礼。我把手表藏在我的袜子底下，可是当我太太替我把乾净衣服放
3）It was supposed to be a secret that we were firing our accountant for stealing money. But one of the secretaries saw the memo and let the cat out of the bag by telling her friends.
4）Someone has let the cat out of the bag already, Mr. Corthell, and I might as well tell you the whole thing now. 有人已经泄露了秘密，科塞先生，现在我干脆把全部情况都告诉你吧。
5）I wanted to surprise our sister by inviting a special guest home, but the little brother let the cat out of the bag by asking her what she would wear. 我本想邀请一位特别的客人回家，让姐姐惊讶一下，但小弟竟然去问她将如何打扮，秘密就这样泄漏了。
6) The criminal was hiding away from the police，but a small boy let the cat out of the bag when he told the police that there was a man in the house. 罪犯正躲避警方的搜查，但一位小男孩泄漏了秘密，告诉警方屋里藏有一男子。
7） Jonathan loves to let the cat out of the bag. Don’t tell him any secret. 乔纳森爱泄露秘密，千万别告诉他任何秘密啊。
8）Just keep your mouth shut,or you will pay for this if you let the cat out of the bag. 把你的嘴闭上, 否则你会付出代价,如果你秘密泄露出去。