消防巡检仪:英语脱口秀 四 (英中双语)

来源:百度文库 编辑:偶看新闻 时间:2024/04/29 20:56:52

流利英语脱口出  
  1. self-multilation 自我摧残
  A: Joe is regressing lately.乔最近退步了。
  B: I’ve noticed that too, it is the time when he is supposed to be taking great strides forward.
  我也注意到了。本来这个时候他应该大踏步前进的。
  A: I think it is time for him to get a grip on himself. You’d better tell him that.
  我认为他该自我控制了。你最好告诉他。
  B: I will. Otherwise, I am afraid he is going to end up plucking all his eyebrows out which was a favorite method of self-mutilations when he faces with problems.
  我会的。否则他又会把眉毛都拔光,每次他遇到问题,就会采取这种自我摧残的方式。
  
  2. shallow 浅薄的
  A: You might think that I am shallow, but I do want to be rich.
  你或许会认为我浅薄,但我的确想发财。
  B: You are not shallow, well, no more than the rest of us.
  你并不浅薄啊,至少不比我们其他人浅薄。
  A: That’s very kind of you to say so.
  你人真好,能这么说。
  B: In my opinion, as long as you use your money wisely, there is nothing wrong to be rich.
  我认为只要你能明智地使用钱,有钱又有什么错呢。
  
  3. lucrative 有利可图的
  A: Life is meaningless!
  
生活没意思透了!
  B: Come on, you cannot be so negative!
  振作点,你不能这么消极啊!
  A: It is easy for you to say, after all, you’ve got a lucrative job!
  你当然是站着说话不腰疼咯,毕竟你有一份收入颇丰的
工作
  B: Well, life isn’t all about money.
  可是生活并非只是关于钱啊。
  
  4. paedophile 恋童癖者
  A: Did you read the headline of The Daily Mail today?
  你看了今天《每日邮报》的头条了吗?
  B: Yes, it was such shocking news.
  是哦,多么令人震惊的消息。
  A: It never occurred to me that such a respectable politician could be a paedophile.
  我从没想到这样一个受人尊敬的政客居然是个恋童癖者。
  B: It is really disgusting.
  真的很恶心。
  
  5. womanizer玩弄女性之徒
  A: What kind of man do you hate most?
  你最讨厌哪一类的
男人
  B: I don’t like dishonest men.
  不诚实的。
  A: I hate womanizer.
  我讨厌那些玩弄女性之徒。
  B: Who doesn’t?
  谁不讨厌那些人呢?
  
  6. packed 拥挤的,塞满了的
  A: Nice to see you again after a while. You look tired.
  有阵子没见你了,很高兴又见到你。你看来很累。
  B: I just got back from Alaska. I left last night and flew all night.The flight was packed so I did not get any sleep.
  我才从阿拉斯加回来。昨晚搭乘的晚班飞机,飞了一夜。飞机都挤满了,所以我一夜没合眼。
  A: Did you like it there?
  你喜欢阿拉斯加吗?
  B: It is no place for a city girl, I had to say.
  我不得不说,那地方不适合城市女孩。
  
  7. colossal 巨大的
  A: What are you doing recently?
  你最近在做什么?
  B: I am working on a big project.
  我在做一个大项目。
  A: What do you think of it?
  你觉得这个项目如何?
  B: The task is colossal.
  任务非常巨大。
  
  8. swap 交换
  A:How did you like the party last night?
  昨晚的晚会如何?
  B: It was boring. Married women swap stories about husbands, childbirth and kids.
  无聊透了,已婚的女性们都在聊关于老公、生
孩子和孩子的事情。
  A: No wonder, as a young and unmarried girl, you would find it boring.
  你是一个年轻的未婚女孩,难怪你会觉得很无聊。
  B: I had absolutely nothing to say.
  我都没有话可说。 

      作者:何迅文  海外英语 07年6期

   “流利英语脱口出”栏目从2007年3月起,由目前正在英国留学、实习的原《海外英语》编辑何迅文自英国发来,大多为目前英国口语中的流行语,欢迎大家一同欣赏学习。。。。。。